Tuesday, March 12, 2013

30 Years 30 Goals-February Update


This month was pretty good.  Beside all our sickness during the first two weeks of the month I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished.  Not as much as I hoped but some progress was made.  

1. Run 5-5ks
I completed the Rosy Cheeks Run on 2/2/13 with a time of 33:46. See post about the race here. 

2.  Complete Outlander Series by Diana Galbadon.
Still working on reading Voyager...actually I am not sure if I picked up this book to read it at all this month.  Better get moving on this...

3.  Get into a consistent routine of exercising at least three times a week.
The beginning of this month was terrible.  The first two weeks we were hit with lots of sicknesses and only got in a few workouts.  The second two weeks though I picked it up and got in at least 3 workouts. 

4.  Take Elsie to a Children's Museum
Cross this one off the list...We took Elsie to the Omaha Children's Museum this month.  Check out our adventure here.

7.  Lose at least 15 pounds
Down a total of 8 lbs-over half way there.

8.  Send out 10 "Just Because Notes to Family and Friends
I have a couple started but didn't get any sent out.  

10.  Plan and Carry Out a date night with John once a month
Another big failure on this--can it really be that hard to get out with John just the two of us once a month?? We did go to Gary Allen together :)  

12.  Become familiar with photoshop so that I want to use it to edit my photos.
I didn't do anything with photoshop but I did take a basic photography class this month.

16.  Read 4 non-fiction books
No books finished this month-I was too busy watching Downton Abbey ;)

17.  Have an Elsie outing once a month
I would say that our trip to Omaha was a pretty good "Elsie Outing" since the whole weekend was for her.  We had fun too but we really enjoyed seeing her have such a good time.  

18.  Take the camper out 5 times this summer
It obviously isn't warm enough to take the camper out but I did get two reservations made for summer camping-one trip to St. Croix State Park and one to a park near St. Louis.   I am really looking forward to them both.  

27.  Do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
I did start this. You can see how my first 10 days went here: Days 1-10

28.  Make 5:30 my standard wake up time and 10:00 my standard bedtime.
Still doing pretty good with this only for the fact that Elsie wakes us up normally by 5:30.  I definitely sleep in when I can though ;).  

30.  Twice a month call a family member or friend to chat.
Yep :)

These goals I did nothing with this month:
5, 6, 9, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29

No comments:

Post a Comment