Thursday, March 21, 2013

Playing at the Park

On Tuesday Elsie and I had a "fun day". I made a conscious effort to not do anything but be with her. It was hard as I had a lot to do but really tried to do it when she was sleeping. Which she only did 45 minutes of in the afternoon.

My good friend Amber was off from work for spring break and JoLene also took the day off which meant I was off because I didn't have daycare. It was so nice having someone else to do something with during the day. I can tell Elsie enjoys it more too when other kids are around versus just hanging out with her mama.

In the morning the library had a storyteller at the auditorium. I was t sure how Elsie would do just sitting there listening and watching but for 45 minutes she did surprisingly well. I did have to get her a little snack but it was snack time anyways. We left during a quick stretch break and didn't want to push our luck. We met John and Grandma Bev for lunch at McDonalds. This was her first time eating there. I ordered her chicken nuggets.

After her short afternoon nap I decided we should get out again and go for a walk. Once we got outside I thought it was a beautiful afternoon. Sunny, a little cool but if you stayed out of the wind it was pleasant. So I called Amber again and asked if she wanted to bring her kiddos and meet at the school playground and they did.

Besides when I had to call 911 for a teenage boy who had a seizure it was such a great time. It was so fun to see Elsie be able to run where ever she wanted. Being so cooped up this winter it was refreshing even if it was a bit chilly. Elsie loved going down the slide and the merry go round! And Cayden brought his mower and she lived just pushing that around. It was such a good afternoon.

Unfortunately I kept us there too long. She threw a fit when I put her back in the stroller and cried the whole way home (10-15 min). She eventually calmed down once we got home. Thanks again Amver and kiddos for a enjoyable day.



1 comment:

  1. It was SO nice hanging out both in the morning and evening! Can't wait for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete