Friday, March 1, 2013

Week in Review-3.1.13

A few highlights from the week...

1.  Of course, the big highlight from the week was our little adventure to Omaha.  We had such a good time. You can read more about our travels here.  I would definitely do this again!

2.  I had book club Monday night.  The book we were to read this month was Gone Girl but I spent most of my reading time this month watching Downton Abbey.  Kedra hosted this month and she had delicious fondue with fruit and cake to dip.  IT was so good.  The book for this next month is Safe Haven.  I hope to get both books read this month.

3.  So last week the forecasters were wrong when they were predicting that we were going to get hammered with snow.  This week they were wrong again.  They were predicting we were going to get trace amounts of snow on Tuesday.  While watching the news on Tuesday morning we were not under any warnings.  By 8:30 AM we were under a winter weather advisory and by 9:30 AM we were in a winter storm warning with predictions of 4-6 inches.  In the end we got 10 inches here which kept John very busy pushing snow Tuesday night, Wednesday morning early and Thursday morning early.  By Thursday night he was shot getting very little sleep. This left me along most evenings as he was fast asleep in bed by 7:30.

4.  I finished season one of Downton Abbey and I am hooked/addicted.  Not only did I finish season one, I finished season two too :).  Now I can watch season three on my TV because I have them saved in my DVR.  It is sooooo good!

5. Elsie's hair is finally long enough to get into a ponytail!  JoLene sent this picture to me.  I got a clip in it too.   Her eyes looks creepy though haha.  Her eyes were really red and when I did the red eye removal this is how they turned out haha.  But I don't care...I am just excited it fits in a pony tail.


6.  We spent a lot of time at home this week.  With the snowstorm we were snowed in on Wednesday and Thursday the roads still weren't too great.  One afternoon we were upstairs and I was putting some clothes away in our room and Elsie went into her room.  It got really quiet.  When I went in and peeked this is what I saw.  She was just sitting there "reading" her book.  She started talking and pointing at the pictures, giggling, and kept going back to some of the same pictures.  It was so much fun to watch.  



7.  Happy Feet-that is what we say when Elsie stomps up and down really fast.  She doesn't really stomp more like a stationary shuffle haha.  She does it when she is excited, wants to dance, when we pick her up out of her crib after nap or in the morning.  It is so fun to watch her do it too.  I tried to get a video but the she was too close to the camera to get the full effect so that will be my mission this next week-capture Happy Feet on video.  

That was a bit of our week-hope everyone had a great week too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment