Monday, October 7, 2013

Life in August

I am trying to come up with a word to describe August for our family but I am struggling-we had quite a few things go not quite as planned such as Elsie getting sick and changing up some weekend plans, putting an offer in on a house, and putting our house up on the market.  We also had some good times with family, celebrating birthdays, and enjoying the last weeks of summer.  So here is what August was to us...

I had a great time at the Taylor Swift concert with a great friend! :-)


Our first weekend was a bit of a disappointment.  You can read about it here.  Although we were unable to go up to the cabin with friends as planned we had a wonderful out biking a trail I have been wanting to go on for a long time.
Here is Elsie feeling down in the dumps (how our weekend started) and then us on the bridge (how our weekend ended-perfect).

I continue to love my days home with Elsie.  She loves to sit up at the counter for snack time as you can see below.  Also, this is her "cheese" face whenever my phone camera comes out.  Love it!
Elsie has found an interest in my phone.  She got a hold of it and appears to ask Siri a questions.  This is what Siri though Elsie said...

John and I went to the Iowa State Fair and had a wonderful day together! 


We put in an offer on a new house-well new to us.  Here is Elsie on the porch. For more details about the house check out new house post.


While working on my parents birthday decor I came across this picture from when we were little.  I was a camper from a very young age :)

And some randoms from the month.
John makes Elsie breakfast just about every morning.  This is their special time :)

Elsie chillin on the couch downstairs while I try to get ready so we can head out the door for work-no doubt she is watching the latest episode of Mickey.  


Daycare drop off

This pic was taken before I left for the Taylor Swift concert.  I should have known just by looking at this picture that Elsie would have a high fever by the end of the nigh :(.  Somehow I missed the early signs.  


My big helper- "I hold it"


Fun at the Park


Other big highlights were celebrating my parent's 60th Birthday and celebrating Piper's 1st Birthday.  More on that to come soon!  

1 comment:

  1. Love this post...that picture of you all when you were young!! Oh my you look just like your Mom!! The siri request, hahahaha!

    Elise is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete