Monday, September 30, 2013

Turning 60

Back in August my parents turned 60!  They are actually only two days apart in age.  My mom's birthday is on the 25th and my dad's is on the 27th.  


After much discussion of how we were going to celebrate their big 6-0 my sister and I decided to have it at the clubhouse of Carefree Country Club where my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Stub live in the summer (they come up every summer from Florida).  The location worked perfect, especially because it was a super hot so it was nice to be inside.  

The planning of the party seemed to be whirlwind but everything came together perfectly.  Tami and I had so much help from our Aunts and family friends.  We couldn't have done it without all the help!  It was so much appreciated.  

The party turned out to be wonderful.  So many family and friends came to celebrate!  Even family from out of state.  Monte (my dad's brother) and his wife Angie came from Chicago and Jim (my mom's brother) and his wife Vicki surprised the whole family by coming from Florida.  Oh it brought my mom to tears! 



Some old high school friends came to celebrate, although we definitely missed my mom's best friend Gail and her husband Dick who were unable to make it.  They have been best friends from high school. 

Some of my mom's old work friends and their husbands made it as well.  

Elsie and I headed up to MN a few days before the party to get some finals details together.  One of them being making this picture display.  I actually stole the idea from my pinterest board of ideas for Elsie's 2nd birthday party haha.  I did the "6" in pictures of my mom from when she was itty bitty all the way through to the present and the "0" was dedicated to my dad.  The "!" was pictures of the two of them together that goes all the way back to 9th grade.  They celebrated 40 years of marriage this year as well.  It was so much fun going through my parents old pictures and pictures from my childhood.  I went through just about every single photo album.  


Just a few random shots from around the room. 


Left to right around the table:  Janice, Vicki, Lynn, Ilene, and Grandma Opal

Left to right around the table:  Dad, Tom, Danny, Jim, Stub, Jack

My mom with her siblings and mom.  We weren't able to located my mom's sister Janice when we took this and her brother Rob wasn't able to make it but Lynn and Emily came.  

Jim and Polly-family friends that we grew up with.  They got there towards the end but better late than never.


It was so good to see so many people  that I haven't seen or visited with for so long!  I loved it and there were a few people that surprised us by showing up which is always great! I wish I would have had more time to visit with everyone but I felt like I was running around like crazy and I definitely didn't get as many pictures taken as I had hoped.  Also a big thanks to John who was on Elsie duty all day/night long so I could get everything ready and host the big celebration.  


The Birthday Couple!  Love you both so much and so happy to have the opportunity to celebrate with you!






2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a cute couple your parents are! Happy 60th Craig and Bonnie!

    Great job on the picture board and sign too Tan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That number thing turned out awesome!! Such a cute couple, and great parents. love you!

    ReplyDelete