Monday, October 14, 2013

Girls Weekend

Last weekend we had our annual girl's weekend with my friends from high school.  I look forward to this every year!!!!  (I am already looking forward to our next one).  This time it was at Mel's new beautiful home.  It was a great weekend full of catching up, laughing, good food, and reconnecting.  We don't all like super close to each other and it isn't too often we all get together at the same time so I cherish these weekends.  






While I was having fun with the girls, Elsie was having fun with Tanner, John, and Bev.  


Tanner sent me a couple pictures throughout the day.  The top one was Elsie excited about how Tanner put "pretties" in her hair.  The bottom one is Elsie taking a morning snoozer during the volleyball tournament.  Tanner and Elsie walked up to the high school which is just a block or so away.  I guess she was tired :)


The later John sent me this picture of a very happy girl who was super excited about the Sundae playset Grandma Bev bought for her when she took her turn "hanging out" with Elsie.  Let me tell you, she has spent a lot of time playing with this all week long!  Gotta love Melissa and Doug! 

I got home around noon on Sunday but ended up going to Dale and Bev's where Elsie was napping.  We had a showing during nap time so we hung out there.  Then we went out for ice cream and headed home for the afternoon.  Elsie and I made chocolate chip muffins and John made Cinnamon Swirl bread in our bread machine (which we absolutely love!).  It was drizzly afternoon, perfect to spend it in the kitchen. 


Elsie had watched me put the muffin liners in the pan so she wanted to do the same thing and she set out all the liners and put a candle in each one.  Then she turned and told me it was "ready".  Oh and don't mind her outfit...while I was folding clothes she decided this was what she wanted to wear.  Silly Girl but I love her so much!  

Once again another fabulous weekend!  








1 comment: