This past 1-2 weeks has been absolutely crazy in our house! Two weekends ago I spent most of Saturday shopping for new curtain panels for our main level of the house and some new decorative pillows for the family room. I felt like our home needed a little change. This happens every now and again. I get the urge to make some small changes to our house. I had no idea what the next week would bring. On Thursday Aug 14th Elsie and I were walking back from the school playground and I decided to take a different route home. Well this route led me past a home that was for sale-one that I have seen on the listing before. It was so cute so I checked it out on my phone again and noticed the price had been reduced. This home which was once out of our price range was now priced much closer to what we would want to spend if we moved. Now let me also tell up until this point, we have not talked about moving, at least for a few years but I always like to keep an eye on the market in case something pops up.
I love older homes, homes with character. In the past year we talked about building a house and figured that is what we would do when the time came but there has always been a special place in my heart for older homes. Well this home I would consider being an older home. It was built in the 40's. It was so cute on the outside that I just had to see what it looked like inside. So I called up our Realtor and we set up a time to view it the next day. I figured I would look at it first during the day and then if it was worth going back for we would check it out with John in the evening. So Bev came with me and we looked at it. I fell in love :) So I went back on Thursday night with John and then went back again on Friday to check it out one more time to be sure. This time I brought a trusted friend with me-Amber :). By Saturday night we had an offer in. After some back and forth by Monday afternoon we had an accepted offer!!
All day on Sunday we began the preparations for putting our house on the market. There are so many little things that need to be fixed/touched up that we had been putting off. Nothing too major but enough to keep us both busy. Thanks to my wonderful In-Laws, Elsie spent the morning and early afternoon with Brandi, Todd and the girls and the late afternoon with Bev. This helped out so much! We got so much accomplished. We worked again on Monday and I put the finishing touches on the house Tuesday morning. Become the purchase of this new house is contingent on the sale of our current home we had to move fast to get our house on the market. Our house was listed by Tuesday with our first showing on Thursday. It is crazy to think that in one weeks time we went from not even talking about moving to having our first showing on our home.
Of course I am on pins and needles hoping that we will still get the house and sell our current home fast. Because it is contingent on our home selling we have the first right of refusal if they get another offer. We had one showing Thursday and two on Friday but crossing my fingers we will have more soon. Not sure how long my nerves can take this ;).
So of course I am excited and dreaming about the potential "new to us" home but I know we may not ever be able to move if we can't get our house sold in a timely matter.
So anyways...here is a link to our listing-if you know anyone looking for a home, pass this along :)
Our House Listing
Oh my goodness what a crazy week! How exciting!! I am sending positive thoughts your way that your house sells quick. It looks awesome Tan!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Your house looks great, Tan! Don't you kind of want to stay now? Ha ha. Praying you'll get an offer, which I'm certain you will! Good looking realtor too ;).
ReplyDeleteGood luck, I saw it was listed on FB and was so surprised, you just keep making the house cuter and cuter. Sending prayers that this will all work out for the best, with as little stress/nerves/etc. :) What an exciting time!
ReplyDeletehow exciting Tan! Fingres crossed the house sells quickly. What a crazy couple weeks!
ReplyDelete