Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Our Weekend

Well we had another great weekend!  It was pretty low key, we spent a lot of time at home but it was wonderful and close to perfect except John spent very little time at home with us because he is working 7 days a week now.  Got to love fall :)  So I have been taking lots of pictures of Elsie to send him throughout the day.  These first ones were from Thrusday night.  Elsie picked out her pajamas.  She just had to had her "froggy" ones.  Well then she wanted some wanted and of course, she wanted her foggy cup :-).  She was showing off her cup for daddy.  


Friday night I picked up Elsie from Jo Jo's and headed home.  We played outside a bit, had leftovers for dinner, and took it easy.  She is just so much fun in the evenings (when she isn't whining for her paci, ugh). After bath she wanted the hood up on her towel-because it was windy.  Obviously it wasn't windy in the house but she now associates hoods of jackets, sweatshirts, and towels with it being windy.  In fact, one day last week I tried to put a fleece jacket on her that didn't have a hood and she threw a fit because it was "windy".  Seriously??? Oh that girl... 


Elsie is obsessed with this book right now.  I am not...haha I like books that have stories and this just has colors, shapes, animals, with very little words.  But she loves it so I read it sometimes two or three times a night :)  So of course, we had to read this on Friday night.  


She just loves this mirror in the flower.  You would think it was the first time she saw herself in the mirror haha.  


Saturday morning was the kind of morning you could lay in bed and not feel unproductive.  It was chilly and rainy.  Elsie slept in a little bit until 7:00.  I got up and threw in a pan of Breakfast Enchiladas that I made during one of my freezer cooking sessions a few months ago and then broke out my new kitchen gadget-an apple peeler/corer/slicer.  Let me tell you...this is amazing!!!  I hate cuting/peeling apples.  I have one of those slices that are round and push down over the apples but when baking you need to peel them too so I rarely bake with apples-which is sad because I love all things apple.  This gadget was AMAZING!!!!!!  And the best part is I can slice and core without peeling in about 15 seconds for a quick snack.  I think will get a lot of use in our home.  


So the reason why I was cutting up apples was to make delicious Apple Crisp Muffins.  They were so good.  I got the recipe from on my favorites blogs- Iowa Girl Eats.  Elsie helped me make them and she just loves to help out.  She dumps out the ingredients in the bowl and then I let her stir it up :).  And I just love the way she says muffins.  As you can tell she thinks they are pretty ymmuy.  

Another bonus of the weekend is that Elsie to a two-hour nap both Saturday and Sunday-she normally sleeps for about 1.5 hours so I was able to get some housework done, log some hours for work and a little rest and relaxation.  It was lovely.  Also, a longer nape meant a happier Elsie.  It was perfect.  After nap we made a double batch of Cheeseburger Soup for dinner with some to freeze for later.  

When John finally got home, he spent the rest of the time with Elsie.  She just loves this puzzle right now.  


And she can't get enough of "swinging".  John said they used to do this when they were little and Elsie absolutely loves it.  She is always bringing a blanket over to us or to me when I am home with her.  Unfortunately she doesn't understand that both John and I have to be there to swing so there have been a few little fits when I tell her I can't swing her by myself.  This video isn't the best quality but I tired to capture what "Swinging" is.  haha


Saturday night was nice, we just relaxed and ended up watching a movie-the first one in a long time.  We watched Argo and I thought it was pretty good.  

Sunday was just as lovely as Saturday-except the weather was full of sunshine.  The only thing we had planned for the day was a Busy Bag Swap.  It was a lot of fun.  There were seven families that participated and we received quite a few fun activities.  As you can see from the following photos they have been doing thier job-keeping Elsie busy :)
Left to Right:  Owen, Cayden, Ella, Briggs, Elsie, Aubrey, Wyatt, Orson, Bryson, Jayden, and Jack.
The playground was super busy. Normally, there is no one there but not on Sunday.  It seemed like there was maybe a few other play dates happening.  But it was a lot of fun to get all the kids together.  




 Another great weekend in the books! 


1 comment:

  1. What a neat gadget! I need to get me one of those ;) Apple Crisps muffins in the fall...YUM!

    Elsie is getting so big Tanya...just a cutie!

    ReplyDelete