1. Wonderful, Wonderful weekend! Great dinner with friends on Friday night and then the Dam to Dam event on Saturday morning. I had so much fun with Elsie and her first little "race" complete with t-shirt and bib. After the race we checked out a new camper...not what we wanted and then headed home to shower and change and head our for our monthly "date night". This time it was during the day...more on this to come in a later post. Wonderful day and a wonderful night out to dinner with friends.
2. Sunday we headed out to Lowes to pick up some supplies for a few projects-the biggest being as sandbox John is making for Elsie. It took up most of the day and is not quite done but it is turning out so nice! I can't wait to show off his finished project :)
3. I have been obsessed with a new salad these past few weeks and I thought I would share. I follow the blog Iowa Girl Eats. I enjoy reading her blog because it isn't all about food but she always includes a recipe. And the ones I have tried are so yummy. The salad is Triple Berry Summer Salad. I have altered it a little by removing the avocado and basil and use a raspberry vinaigarette for the dressing. YUM! I eat it at least 3 times each week for the past two weeks. Perfect for lunch. I have also added roasted chicken to it also. The other recipe I love is the Springtime Pasta Primavera. I made it for dinner one night this week and Elsie ate every last thing. I could have done without the tomatoes and I didn't add any asparagus because I didn't have any but added extra brocolli. I even used our own basil we have growing out on our patio. It was delicious! I definitely recommend both these recipes. Easy and delcious!
4. I have been eyeing this toy for the past few months and when I saw it on amazon.com for a five dollars off ($14.97) I had to finally buy it for Elsie and she LOVES it! The good old Fisher Price Bubble Mower. Everytime we walk outside she says "mow" and points to the garage where her mower is.
5. We are so so so lucky that we have other girls in our family that are willing to pass their clothes down to Elsie. On Wednesday I picked up pizza for dinner and headed over to Brandi and Todds to sort through some bins of clothes. I ended up going home with 5 tubs of clothes and am only sending back 1.5 tubs-mainly because the girls are twins and there were quite a few duplicates. Thank You Thank You Thank You!
6. In addition to clothes, Elsie gets some toys from the girls too. This time she got this really cute little camper and car. She spent so much time on Thursday driving the little car around the house-the whole time going "vroom vroom".
7. So the other morning Elsie and I were eating our cheerios and when she finished I looked over and she was drinking her milk our of her bowl...Silly girl!
I say this every week but it was another wonderful week!
Hahah drinking the cereal milk from a bowl, haha too cute!
ReplyDelete