1. The weekend was super fun! We had our first campfire and had John's family over. See Post: Saturday Evening BBQ and celebrated a birthday of a special little boy. See Post: Tailgating in Des Moines. That evening we had our first batch of severe weather, complete with Tornado warnings and watches. Book club was cancelled and postponed to Monday night. Before the weather came in though we took Elsie out in the Burley for the first time and she loved it!!!
2. Another round of severe weather came our way Monday night so we swept Elsie up out of her crib and headed back to Dale and Bev's. After the storm passed we went home and say this beautiful complete double rainbow. I then headed over to Amber's for a very small book club group. There was just three of us. This months book is our choice: Whatever we want to read and then we will share what we read over the month.
3. I can't believe it but my niece Allie graduated from pre-school and will be a big kindergartner next year. I can't believe how fast she is growing up!
4. Well we dealt with some sickness again in our house this past week. Elsie was diagnosed with an ear infection on Wednesday but no fever so the doctor recommended waiting on antibitoics to see if it would clear up on its own. Well it didn't and by Thursday we were back in with a fever and she was put on antibiotics. Well on Friday we were back in again because she was in so much pain, was so upset she was inconsolable when the ibuprofen was wearing off. It just broke my heart. She stopped eating and drinking and I was kind of concerned because it seemed like she was getting worse, not better. So we called and they thought we should bring her in. Well the doctor thought it was just her ears...I thought there was something else going on and later in the weekend I would end up finding out first hand how crappy she actually felt.
Even when she is sick she can still be naughty :)
Of course, the minute we got home from the doctor she was feeling miraculously better and wanted to play outside-she looks happy to me.
5. One day I told Elsie to go get her hat so we could go play outside...well this is the hat she came back with and wanted to wear it outside.







No comments:
Post a Comment