Monday, June 10, 2013

Week in Review - 5.31.13

Oh what a week this was.  Last week we dealt with Elsie being sick...this week both John and I came down with the virus-the achy, flu, fever, sore throat virus.  Yuk.  Luckily, I had it on Memorial Day so John could care for Elsie and John got it the next day when I was feeling better and could care for Elsie since JoJo was off on Tuesday.  It all ended up working out.  After we got over our sicknesses it was a nice, quiet week.  

1.  We had our staycation at home over the weekend.  Check out the posts for more info but the highlights were SCI and the zoo.  I think Elsie had a good (exhausting) time.  

2.  The weather has been so crappy...lots of rain and flooding.  Yuk!  We are ready for some sunshine!

3.  We gave Elsie her first little cup without a sippy cup valve.  It still has a lid but nothing to slow things down.  She loved it and did so good with it!  


4.  We finally got outside for a nice day towards the end of the week.  Nice enough for shorts, tank, barefeet and snacktime on the steps.


5.  Finally after almost 18 months I can get Elsie's hair in pigtails.  She sat pretty good for me while I did it.  She was so proud and couldn't wait to show Daddy when he got home.  


6.  The second picture above shows another real challenge we have been facing lately.  Elsie getting into the snack cabinet.  She is constantly looking for snack-crackers, goldfish, applesauce, cereal bars, anything.  Of course when we take them away from her a mini fit ensues but she will eventually get used to us saying "no" right?  




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she looks a little older with the pigtails, they're so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pigtails!! soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Pigtails!!!! hahaha adorable

    ReplyDelete