This year for Thanksgiving we traveled up to Minnesota. It was the first time being up in MN since over a year before Elsie was born. In 2011, we would have gone up but travel was restricted because it was so close to our due date.
We had a lovely time with my immediate family, both my Grandmother's and my Uncle Rob and his family. Of course my brother and Magda were not there but we did get a good skype session in during the afternoon. The rest of the weekend was equally as nice. I had some time to catch up with my friend Erin over lunch at Rockwoods on Friday, went to Macys and the Hollidazzle parade Friday night (more on this further down) and then on Saturday had brunch with Josh, Liz and Jake and did some shopping alone with John Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening we ate dinner with my family and then took off home with a pit stop to see my friend Randi, her family, and their beautiful new home! We finally made it home around midnight that night. It was such a great weekend filled with family and friends!!!
Like I mentioned above, Friday afternoon/evening we went to Macy's Santaland and the Hollidazzle parade. It is the last year that the Hollidazzle Parade is happening so I knew I had to take Elsie just one time and this is the only weekend we will be around when it was happening. We went with my parents, sister and her two girls. It was WONDERFUL! Every bit of it! I absolutely love the excitement Elsie has right now.
She had to be the one to push Piper in the stroller.
Waiting in line for SAntaland. In years past this line has been incredibly long!
I think we only waiting for 10 minutes tops! I think we timed it just right because when we were exiting the lines was at least three times longer than when we got there.
We waited in line to see Santa and like the other line, it wasn't long at all. Which was perfect because Elsie wasn't too impressed. Before we saw Santa we tried to tell her that when you see Santa you can tell him some things you want for Christmas. I mentioned something like "Minnie Mouse Toys". Well she definitely got the wrong idea...She thought Santa was going to give her Minnie Toys right then and there. Oops I guess we didn't explain it well. Well the poor girl was dissapointed and kept asking for her Minnie Toys all night long.
After our visit with Santa, we grabbed some dinner up at the Cafe on the 12th Floor of Macy's. I am not sure what it was called but it was perfect for us! It was cafeteria style so you just went up and ordered your food and brought it back to your table. No waiting for a waitress or for you food.
After dinner we went back to the cars, got all bundled up and made our way down to the street to find out spot to watch the parade. We had to wait about 30 minutes until the parade started. The girls did pretty good but Piper got a little restless. It was a little chilly but for MN it definitely could have been much worse. But like I said, it was so worth it all!!!
Elsie and Allie watched the parade right from the curb and it was so fun to watch them. Elsie would lean way out to look down the street to see which one was coming next. When she would see one she would scream "coming, coming" and do a little wiggle. She would wave to the floats, dance to the music, and cheer! It was so perfect!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOhhh the girls are all so sweet together!! They look like they really enjoyed their time together...what fun family time! It's the best feeling when you see your kids happy...I just love how into it Elsie was...so sweet!
ReplyDelete