Monday, December 9, 2013

Busy Busy!

Well I would say that we have been pretty productive over the past two weeks.  Although my list was for the weekend,  I was a bit ambitious thinking we would get it all done.  So here we are two weeks later and this is where we are at.  I am happy about it though.

  • Hang the outside lights-I ended up telling John this weekend to skip it this year...after all Christmas is just two weeks away! 
  • Cut down our Christmas tree and decorate it

  • Get window boxes filled with holiday decor
  • Shop for fabric to update a hand me down table/chair set for Elsie and spray paint the chairs.
This is the fabric we picked out.  The circles will be on the seat and the stripes will go on the chair back.  

  • Get a start on our Advent Calendar tree-this is going to be a doozy-I would like to at least purchase the supplies for this

  • Get at least one calendar done (I make a photo calendar each year for both our parents and all three grandmothers.  
  • Construct Elsie's dollhouse and get it painted.  I will leave the decorating for another day.  
John has been busy the past few nights working on this.  It is turning out great.  He has a few more room dividers to put in, cut out the windows
and he decided to makes shingles too.  I am hoping one of the rooms on the lower level can be a little garage.  I can't wait to paint it and get all the furniture/accessories in.

  • Catch up on the blog-I would like to get at least three posts published over the weekend.  
    • 31 Goals
    • Living with Tally
    • Life in July
  • Organize the garage so we can put away our outdoor furniture.  
  • John needs to get the rest of the cattle out of the pasture
  • Dinner and Drinks with some camp friends on Sunday evening. 
  • Order our Christmas cards
  • Get a bit more Christmas shopping done (I would say I am 70% complete).  I am getting so excited to wrap them up and get them under the tree! 
Also this past weekend we went to Des Moines to drive through Jolly Holiday Lights display    Before nap I told her we would be going to see some pretty Christmas lights. When we were getting ready to leave I started to tell Elsie where we all had to go and started with Hobby Lobby.  Before I could say another word she burst into tears crying "Pretty Lights, Pretty Lights"  Once I got her calmed down and explained to her that we had a few places to stop before we could go see the "pretty lights" she was happy again.   Before we went to the park we did a bit of Christmas shopping, ate dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, and then drove through a few neighborhoods to look at lights on the houses and in the yards.  By how excited she got at the lights in the neighborhood I knew she would be excited about the big display and I was right.  She loved it!  This was the first time I have driven through the display and I think we will plan to go again next year.  

1 comment:

  1. That calendar & doll house are so neat!!!!! Love & miss you all.

    ReplyDelete