First of all, I can't believe my little girl is two already!!!!! Time just goes way too fast but we are enjoying every day of it!
This morning we had her two year check up. I think this was one of the first appointments that I went into with out any questions. John wanted me to ask about how to get rid of Elsie's pacifier (more on that) but I really don't have any concerns or questions. I think I am feeling pretty confident in this whole parenting thing and I feel Elsie is developing right on track-except she still counts 1,2,3 as 1, 3, 9.
Elsie did so great at her appointment. She never cried, protested and just let the nurse and doctor do whatever they needed to do. Here were her stats:
Weight: 26 lbs 6.4 oz (47%)
Height: 36" (94%)
Head: 18.9" (48 CM) 64%
She is growing right along the same curve that she has been for the past two years.
A few things that came up while talking was about her sleep-she gets up so dang early lately (5:00 or 5:30AM). He said we can let her lay in her bed for 20-25 minutes. Most of the time when she wakes up that early we can go in and lay her back down and she will fall back to sleep for at least another half hour. So he said we should try to let her go back to sleep on her own.
We talked about the blood test that checks for anemia and lead. They normally do another test at 2 year but we decided to wait until she is 2.5 in case we do end up moving and getting the house we want and since it was built before 1950 it could have some lead. Waiting will allow us to see if she has been exposed to any lead in the new house.
Pacifiers-This has become a battle with Elsie lately. She used to only use them in the car or when she was sleeping but she has been wanting it all the time and even uses her stuffed animals as a stool so she can reach them. The little stinker. So I asked what we should do about it. He told me that really, her speech is developing just fine and she drinks just fine out of cup so it isn't doing any damage right now so nothing I guess. It just is a battle with her sometimes so we have to decide if we want to fight the battle, force her to give it up, or just let it go. I am not sure John and I are on the same page about this but I do know that I want to wait to make her give it up until we get the potty training down which will begin in full force after the first of the year.
Vaccinations-We are continuing to put off Hep A but did her last DTaP vaccination this time around. I feel good about how we spaced everything out trying to limit the number of vaccinations at each appointment. When Baby #2 comes along I am going to try to do more of this in the beginning. She did get her flu vaccination this time too. It was the mist that went in her nose. Surprisingly, she didn't cry for her shot in the arm at all. Didn't even wince. She did get upset however when I covered up her bandaid with her shirt but the nurse saved the day when she got her another band aid.
I was so proud of how she behaved. She even blew the Dr. a kiss when he left. haha. So happy to have such a positive experience.
Well geez! I want to take Elsie to the dr.. that sounds like a breeze! ha ha. She is so cute and glad she is developing right along!
ReplyDelete