Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Life in November

Overall, November was a pretty good month for us.  Here is just a few (actually, quite a few) snapshots from the month.  

As soon as Halloween was over Elsie was ready to break out the Christmas pajamas.  This particular day she also wanted her slippers :)  

Tally is getting accustomed to living with us and we are getting used to having her around :)  She acutally loves her kennel and as you can see goes in voluntarily to take naps.  

Elsie has discovered her little stash of dress up clothes that we got passed down to us from Emma and Olivia.  She loves it!  

Grocery shopping with Mommy and Daddy

Playing in the leaves was a big hit this year for both of the girls!  


The girls at JoJo's

Trying on Mama's boots


After trying to rake the leaves with Daddy's rake we decided a smaller one would fit her better.  


One morning Elsie didn't want to get out of her bed so I asked her while I showered if she wanted to read in her bed and she thought that was a great idea!  I did too :)

This year, to celebrate my birthday I decided to head down to Des Moines with some friends for some dinner and then check out some of the bars down there.  
Dinner at Court Avenue (Marc, Kedra, Mathew, Jason, Heidi, Hillary, Nick, John, Me, and Amber)
It was so yummy as always and the company was even better.  

After dinner we walked over to a country bar that had just opened.  It ended up being nothing like I had imagined.  We did stay for a while and there were definitely memories to be had while there but the place was dead!  Oh well!  It was still fun to hang out with these ladies and thier hubbies.  After the country bar we headed back to Court Avenue and found ourselves in a dance club where I felt SO old!  haha

Love these girls!  

Elsie love to play with Tally and loves to feed her and get her water too.  It took a bit to convince her that she didn't have to hand feed Tally like we did with Cinder and that Tally will just eat out of the bowl :)  

While we were at the fabric store Elsie discovered some she just had to had.  Grandma Bev got it for her and is going to make her a special blanket :)

In addition to all the random snapshots from the month, here are some other things that happened that I already posted about (or plan to post about ;).  Lots of birthdays!!

1.  We celebrated Grandma Ev's 90th Birthday at the beginning of the month! 
2.  My wonderful family came down for the weekend to visit us and to celebrate my birthday
3.  We celebrated John's cousin's little boy Danny's Birthday.
4.  We celebrated Emma and Olivia's Birthday too!
5.  Thanksgiving at my parents house along with a wonderful weekend.  You can read about that here.
6.  We had a handful more showings, an offer on the house, and then it all fell through.  I'm so over selling a house.  You can read about how I feel about the whole situation here.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post, it made me smile! The picture of Elsie holding the Mickey fabric is so cute, haha, oh my gosh her face!! :)

    Tally is adorable Tanya...every time I see a picture of her it makes me want a golden.

    Glad you had a fun birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her cheeky little smile!! A fun month in the Sorem house ;)

    ReplyDelete