Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week in Review - 6.28.13

A good part of this week was spent gone, out of town.  John and I were off to a fun weekend with friends in Clear Lake and Elsie spent the weekend with Dale and Bev.  They brought her up to Clear Lake Sunday morning to meet us because we were taking off to MN.  My little brother was in town, finally and we were going up for a visit.  He was moving from Idaho to England.  We haven't seen him since Christmas so it was great to spend some time with him.  I have a whole post coming on this time together so I will save that for another day.  Here are some highlights from the week...

1.  Elsie adores Ole and Lena, my brothers dogs.  They actually chase the balls she throws haha.  Poor Cinder just doesn't have the energy anymore.  She shrills with delight as they chase around the yard.  It is so fun to watch her interact with them.  It is also adorable how she says their names so plainly.

2.  Elsie and her cousins with their Uncle Tony.



3.  I made a round of yummy mojitos.  They are definitely my new favorite drink! 

3.  Elsie just loves getting stuff in her hair and all over her face.  This particular morning we were eating breakfast before heading over to see Mel's new house and decided it was time to make a mess.  I guess she wanted a bath because that is what we had to do to get all the jelly out of her hair-which of course made us late :)


4.  We were all going out to eat for dinner with a big group of family and Allie wanted to ride with Elsie and me.  So...it wasn't too long after we got going and I looked back and she was looking pretty tired.  I asked her if she was tired, she shook her head no, and then maybe a minute later she was out.  (Don't worry I took this photo at a stop light :).  Elsie kept yelling "Allie" in her cute little voice trying to wake her up.  I even had a hard time getting her into the restaurant without carrying her.  


5.  Cousin Time!  These two play so well together.  Elsie idolizes Allie!  In the bath we have a heck of time getting Elsie's hair wet with the cup.  She doesn't really like it too much.  Well after watching Allie do it Elsie has no problem doing it.  In fact, she thinks its fun and does it in the pool with freezing cold water too.  


6.  Oh the Laundry Chute!  As kids we loved putting our clothes down the laundry chute.  It looks like the kiddos still enjoy it.  When I see this picture I see my sister and I when we were little doing the same thing.  


7.  I have to say that by the time we were ready to leave on Wednesday I was ready to get Elsie home, back to her routine and her normal bed. (That was the only reason I wanted to leave)  Putting her down was the most difficult it has ever been in regards to fit throwing.  Monday night was the worst and it took us over an hour to get her to sleep, with the help of family and Tuesday Grandpa was the one that eventually got her to calm down enough and fall asleep.  Poor girl just didn't want to miss out on the fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Tony with the girls, they are all getting so big!

    ReplyDelete