Monday, July 15, 2013

Independence Day Holiday Weekend-Part I

Finally, we got our camper out for the first time this summer!  Since February we have planned to spend our 4th of July Holiday weekend at St. Croix State Park in Minnesota.  I had been there once sometime after high school with some friends but haven't been there since.  I was so looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend away.  

We drove up to my parents Tuesday night (the 2nd).  We got there pretty late and Elsie laid  back down pretty good.  The next morning before heading north we met up with some friends at Elm Creek Park.  When I moved to Iowa, Marc and Amber introduced us to another couple Adam and Ruth (who were also from Minnesota).  We grew close with them and the six of us had "Grey's night" every Thursday.  We would alternate who's house it was at they would make dinner and we would all watch Grey's Anatomy.  Well then we moved out to camp and when we were moving back, they moved away to the Netherlands.   We have seen them once since moving away and that when Elsie was just two weeks old.  Well, they happen to be in town so we arranged to meet up and hang out for awhile.  It was soooo good to see them and miss being able to hang out with them all the time! 

 


Elm Creek has such a neat beach area.  It is a man made lake.  Best of both worlds, filetered and chlorinated with a sandy bottom/beach.  I would love to come here to swim some time.  

The guys and the kids...

Elsie loved having her Daddy take her on the playground. 





Amber showing the kids how its done :)


Look at the two cute kiddos...just missing Aubrey.  

Adam and Ruth...the Happy Travelers


Sorry John, had to cropped you and your closed eyes our of this one.  

Love to Cinder


Thank you Adam and Ruth for taking time out of your busy travel schedule to meet up with us!  We miss you so much and can't wait for the next time we can all be together.  Love you! 

1 comment:

  1. Love it Tanya! It was so great to see you all. Just like old times- I think it is why we made "fast friends" in the first place... always a fun time together with no drama. Can you email me the pics of us girls? I would love to put it on my desktop or in a photo album. Thanks! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete