Thursday, July 18, 2013

All Dogs Go To Heaven...

This past week has been hard, really hard.  In fact I would say I have been in a mild state of depression.  Last week we got the official news from the vet...Cinder has osteoarthritis-bad.  She also had some hip displasia.  I knew when I called the vet to see if we could get some pain meds for her arthritis where it would lead to.  She hasn't been doing well.  Stairs were impossible without assistance, we had to help her up from laying down about 85% of the time and going out to the bathroom...lets just say it was a struggle.  As we left the vet gave a weeks worth of pain pills and told us to talk about quality of life vs. quantity.

We knew what we needed to do  but it took us the whole week to do.  I kept trying to convince myself that maybe she would do well with the pain pills and we would get our old Cinder back but I was only fooling myself.  Oh and the decisions we had to make...it was tough.  I kind of checked out for the past week.  I cancelled plans with friends because I was in no mood for visiting, didn't do much except lay around with Cinder...I wanted to spend all the time with her I could.

So yesterday we finally made the decision and I called the vet.  Not two minutes later I browsed Instagram and saw this posted by my cousin Nicolle, who had no idea what we were going through.  It meant a lot to me to see this.

Today is hard, real hard.  But being reminded of where Cinder is right now helps a little.  Knowing she is running again, swimming in the creek, chasing rabits (I'm sure not catching them though, since all things live in peace in Heaven), and playing with her friends is helping just a little tonight.  




4 comments:

  1. My heart just breaks. Dogs are such a special part of our families, and Cinder was one exceptional/sweet/kind dog. Thinking of you and you are right, she is finally pain free in heaven looking down. love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tanya, I am so sorry. Cinder was one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met, so special. I'm thinking of you all and saying a prayer for Cinder. Like you said, she is now up in heaven, pain free and running around again with all of her friends. She is in a peaceful place.

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill, is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

    Where the friends of man and woman do run, when their time on earth is over and done.

    For here, between this world and the next, is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

    On this golden land, they wait and they play, till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

    No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness, for here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

    Their limbs are restored, their health renewed, their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

    They romp through the grass, without even a care, until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

    All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back, then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

    For just at that instant, their eyes have met; together again, both person and pet.

    So they run to each other, these friends from long past, the time of their parting is over at last.

    The sadness they felt while they were apart, has turned into joy once more in each heart.

    They embrace with a love that will last forever, and then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

    I hope this helps you just alittle !

    Big Hugs to all of you guys..


    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the title of the blog and was already crying before I could even read it. We love you and we loved Cinder. We will miss her. I'm so grateful we got to see her just a few weeks ago. I gave her an extra snuggle goodbye. I'm so sorry for your loss, and for Elsie the loss of her best buddy.

    ReplyDelete