Wow! I have been a slacker blogger lately. Things have been busy, real busy but filled with lots of fun! I actually took these pics shortly after June 14th. It was actually on June 19th. However, it has taken me the whole month to get this put together and posted. It is actually almost time for her 19 month update so I think I will keep this short and sweet. I do know that in the last month things have changed...some good some naughty ;) But I will do my best to keep this as much about her life May-June as possible.
GROWTH:
As I posted previously on her post about her doctor appointment, Elsie weighed in 22.5 lbs and 33.5" long. She is growing out of her 12-18 month tops (they are getting a little short). She is in size 5.5 shoes and of course 18-24 month pants/dresses. One interesting thing though is that we used disposable diapers for two weeks, including the time I took the pictures. She is wearing the same bottoms in her 18 month pictures as she is in her 7 Month post. Although they fit her differently, they still fit :) During her stint in disposable diapers we had to dig out some shorts from last summer which were 6-9 months because the 12-24 month shorts fell right off. Those cloth diapers add just enough bulk to keep them up.
EATING:
She is starting to get a little bit pickier with her food. She has her good meals and her bad. Her favorite foods are bananas, avocado, cheese, cheerios with milk, strawberries, and most vegetables. She does not like beans still and most kinds of potatoes (just fries of course). She loves to eat with a fork and spoon and we completely got rid of the high chair in our kitchen and she only uses the booster at the table. We all like this way more!
SLEEP:
Well when Elsie was healthy, sleep was fantastic. She did a great job of not waking at night at all and was even sleeping in later than the 5:00 hour. This makes us very happy but with her ear infection, virus and cold her sleep got a little sketchy there for a while and we were up A LOT with her. Things eventually worked itself back out and she got back onto a good sleep schedule.
TEETH:
Fifteen teeth in all right now. Her other bottom incisor is still working on coming through.
DEVELOPMENT:
She is in such a fun stage! I think the biggest development this past month has been her speech/language developement. She tries so hard to repeat just about everything we say. It is so nice too because she can now tell us what she wants instead of whining for it. One day during dinner we were talking and out of no where she says "Cows say mooo" haha. She is getting pretty good at saying names too-at least the names of her cousin, aunts, and uncles.
PLAY:
I can't keep this girl inside! She loves it outside which is great! She enjoys playing with bubbles, riding in the burley (we hardly ever go for walks no...always bike rides), drawing with sidewalk chalk, "mowing" with her new bubble mower, and pushing her cozy coupe around. She is still obsessed with Barney which we let her watch in the mornings while we either get ready for work or keep her occupied in our bed when she wakes up before six. Inside she enjoys playing with her new Little People camper set she got from Emma and Olivia, playing with her dolls and little doll pack and play, and of course looking at books. She can still do this all day long!
I just caught up on your blog!
ReplyDeleteSO fun...strawberry picking looks like so much fun!
And the 18 months photos are so precious!! She is turning into such a big girl. So pretty!
Her hair is getting so long! She is just adorable!
ReplyDelete