Friday, April 5, 2013

Week in Review 4.5.13

1.  We have been hit hard with spring fever at our house.  It is finally getting nice outside and we have been spending a lot of time on walks and at the park.  We have been making a list of outdoor projects we want to do and we have also taken time this week to get the camper ready for the season.  John took out all the dishes, towels, sheets, and blankets out of the camper so I could wash them all, we cleaned the inside top to bottom, fixed things that needed to be fixed and replaced things that needed to be replaced.  We are ready to roll.
Everything clean and ready to go back in! 
Elsie having fun with Daddy on the bunk beds.  





















2.The Easter Bunny brought Elsie some Play-Doh in her basket so I thought we would give it a whirl and see what she thought of it.  She really didn't know what to do with it and pretty much imitated everything I did with it.  I think I maybe need to get her some little Play-Doh tools.

3.  Monday we have a very special lunch date with my parents.  They were on vacation to Florida and they chose to fly in and out of Des Moines instead of Minneapolis because they were down here watching Elsie while we were in Puerto Rico.  So I picked Elsie up from daycare and we met them for lunch.  She was super excited to see them.  


4.  We had a wonderful Easter.  I had to add it in our Week of Review but I have already posted about them.  You can read about dying eggs and Easter Sunday.


5.  The kids had their first "picnic" of the season at daycare!!

6.  April 4th was my dear friend Randi's 30th Birthday!  I am lucky enough to been her friend long enough to celebrate more years together than not!  I can't wait to celebrate the big 3-0 with her!  Love you Randi!

I just had to post a pic of us when we were young and 24 haha

7. On Thursday I went for a run outside for the first time in two years (except when I did the Rosey Cheeks Run in Feb).  Oh my goodness!!! It is so much better to run outside than to run on the treadmill.  I aim when I run to go for about 30 minutes. which ends up being about 2.3-2.5 miles.  I am trying a program again and on the treadmill to avoid boredom I change speeds a lot and end up averaging about 13 minute miles.  Well yesterday I jutst went out and ran.  I started up the program but didn't follow it.  I ended up going for 2.5 miles but averaged 9.38 minute miles.  I couldn't believe it and the only time I walked was down my street at the beginning to warm up.  It felt so good.  And I loved listening to music.  On the treadmill I normally watch TV.  I need to make a workout playlist because I had to skip songs to find upbeat ones.  If you have any good tunes you reccomend let me know!

8.  John and I had a date night this week.  Our original plan was to go to a movie but when I looked to see what was showing there was nothing we were really wanting to see so we just went to dinner instead.  We went to my favorite place, The Cafe.  I do know John really enjoys it too.  We had a drink at the bar while we waiting for a table and then enjoyed yummy deviled eggs for an appetizer and of course thier bread.  John had Pasta Bolognese and I had the steak with roasted brussel sprouts.  I would have ordered whatever entree came with roasted brussel sprouts they are so yummy!  I love the cafe in that thier menu changes frequently.  It was also Tapas Night but the ones we wanted were sold out already! It was a very nice night.  

I hope everyone had a great week and enjoy your weekend!  I know we will!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Tan!! haha, that is one old picture.

    SEe you tomorrow! Glad you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you this weekend!! Can't wait!!

    I too have spring fever, bad!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH When I saw the date night I thought "don't say you went to The Cafe.. don't say you went to the Cafe'" but I wasn't totally devastated because you didn't mention dessert there. I love that place! Sounds like you're having a good week. Have fun at the bday celebrations with your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...time for picnics and camping!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete