Tuesday, April 23, 2013

VEISHEA 2013

This past weekend ISU had thier annual VEISHEA celebration.  From what I understand it is a I am not sure the whole history behind this but I do know it is a big deal.  They have a parade, lots of other events, and it sounds like a lot of partying :). 

Brandi asked if we wanted to join them at the parade this year and since we were around I figure why not.  Bill, Carol, and Daniel also joined us.  It was a fun morning! It was a little chilly but not too bad.  While some of the adults went to set up the chairs we stopped at the Animal Science building where they had some animals on display.  They had little animals like a snake, bunny, hamster and turtle that you could look at/pet and then also some larger/farm animals to pet and look at.  Elsie wasn't so sure at first with any of the animals  and just clung to usbut after spending enough time in the room she eventually warmed up to them and didn't want to leave.  

Petting the hamster.  

Emma and Olivia did a great job of showing Elsie the animals.

Daniel loved the animals! 


Finally getting excited!  



After killing some time with the animals, we stopped and got some delicious ice cream and found our way to the chairs.  Elsie did pretty good during the parade.  The first half she just sat contently in Daddy's lap in the chair and kept him warm :).  The she decided to get close to the action so we sat on the curb with the girls.  She really enjoyed anything with music the most.  Oh and the big floating balloons.  






Thanks for the invite Brandi and Todd!  We will have to do it again next year :)









1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I love Elsie's face when she is looking at the animals.. adorable.

    ReplyDelete