Friday, October 5, 2012

My Day in the Kitchen

This post is coming way later than I planned.  A whole month later haha but here it is!

This past Monday on Labor Day I spent a good part of the day in the kitchen working on stocking our freezer with meals for the fall.  Every once in a while I go through this and it makes our week nights that much easier.  We can just pull something homemade out of the freezer and voila! dinner is prepared.

This pretty much took my entire day!



All the ingredients gathered and ready to go! 

The Final Products
  • 10 lbs ground beef cook with onions  (most recipes call for onions cooked with the ground beef.  I love having it cooked already so I just need to thaw it and warm it up.  I can use it in casseroles, add taco seasoning for tacos or whatever.  
  • 5 lbs ground turkey cooked with onions (I use this the same way as I do the ground beef)
  • 3 meals of Beef Stroganoff Mixture-you just add pasta and sour cream when you are ready to eat. (Could not find recipe online)  
  • 2 Meals of Salsa Sloppy Joes
  • 2  Enchilada Casserole
  • 2 Pans of Cheesy Potatoes (No Recipe)
  • 2 batches of  Meat Loaf Miniatures
  • 2 Beef Toutiers (a pie like casserole) (Could not find recipe online)
  • 2 batches of Hot Taco Pockets (Could not find recipe online)
  • 2 pans of Tator Tot Casserole (No Recipe)
Most recipes came from the new Taste of Home Freezer Cooking Recipe Book I found on the shelf at the checkout line at the grocery store except the cheesy potatoes and tator tot casserole which ar emy own recipes.  

Total Meals Prepared:  
15 Meals
15 lbs of ground meat
2 side dishes


1 comment:

  1. Hey those all look ready to ship. I'll take 2 of everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete