When I first moved into my home I was soooo excited to get trick or treaters. Growing up in the country we never had people come to our house. Well after that night I was so dissapointed because of how rude the kids were, hardly any thanks yous. It really saddened me how greedy they seemed to bed. I had a coworker out at the camp that would compete with other families as to how much ground was covered and how much candy they got. Really? Do our children need bags and bags full of candy/sugar? I am not sure about this. Thinking back, I do remember trying to go the the "good neighborhoods" with my cousins to get the good candy but was I this greedy and competitive? I don't know...maybe my parents can shed some light on that. Well tonight is my first night passing out candy since that terrible first night. Living out at camp we didn't have trick or treaters and last year I had my prenatal aquacise class so I wasn't home but had a bowl of candy out with a sign that said "Take One Please" and much to my surprise found a handful of candy left in the bowl.
Here is my little Elsie Monster ready to celebrate the day at JoJo's.
No comments:
Post a Comment