Allie's Birthday
Our niece Allie turned four years old and we celebrated at my sister's house. It was quite the party with at least 40 people in attendance. Allie chose "Tangled" for the theme this year. She loves her Disney Characters. I believe last year was Tinker Bell. We had delicious food, yummy cake, and Allie got quite the number of birthday presents.
Opening her many presents surrounded by her friends.
Elsie checking out all the present Allie received.
Getting ready to blow out the candles.
This is what we got Allie-a ErgoBaby Doll Carrier. Now her and I can match
when I carry Elsie. I guess it was a hit as one of the other moms asked where I got it.
Her daughter's birthday was coming up and she really wanted one.
Playing in the backyard after the party.
Elsie hanging out on the blanket...it is hard to keep her on it these days.
Swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's Pool
My parents have this wonderful pool that as a child spent many summer days in. We would throw golf balls in, they would sink and we would dive in and see how many we could get at one time. We would jump off the diving board, float on inflatable whales and alligators and lounge on the side of the pool soaking up the sun. I can not wait for my children to be able to have some of these memories too so I was really excited to have an afternoon of relaxation at my parents house. While Elsie took her afternoon napped I floated on the water reading some magazines and then when Elsie woke up we got her in the water for the first time. We played in the kiddie pool in our backyard but Elsie had not been in a big pool or lake yet and we were very excited to see how she responded. Well she loved it!!! She didn't get into the splashing much until the end but I think she really enjoyed being in the water. I really wanted to dunk her under the water but John and my parents wouldn't let me. They didn't want me to traumatize her :). Which I had asked the pediatrician at our last visit and he said that she could go under water.
Getting ready to go in...gotta wear the suncreen
Getting used to the water...the water temp was almost 90 degrees so there
really wasn't much getting used to.
We had a little floating thing she could sit in and really seemed to
enjoy it. I loved that there was a shade canopy on it.
Playing games with Grandpa
Having fun splashing around!
Whoa!
We had such a wonderful, relaxing weekend!!! I loved weekends like that spent with family and friends.
oh what a fun weekend! It looks like you guys had so much fun in the pool..Elsie seemed to love it!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see her soon!
PS love that doll carrier you got Allie!
I love that picture of Elsie and John at the end. She is getting sooo big!
ReplyDelete