Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life Organization Week 3

Wow this week flew by.  It was a busy one as I spent three of the last 7 days out of town at a family members cabin.  It was a WONDERFUL time but I wasn't able to accomplish all that I had hoped for.  At least not the things on my list.  Spending time with family overrules all projects/tasks in my opinion.  Not only were we gone for a few days but I spent quite a bit of time packing and getting ready to go.

Home:  
Last Week:  Complete Photo Blocks-Nope, no progress
This Week:  Let's just shoot for painting the blocks :) Also, I printed off a bunch of pictures to put in frames and stuff around the house.  I would like to fill the frames, I don't think I will get them hung but just get the pictures in and ready to go.


Health/Wellness:
Last Week:  Drink More Water-I think I actually did pretty good with this one this past week.  I got my system down now :)
This Week:  I need to work on eating breakfast everyday. I need to take a few minutes in the morning and eat.

Finances:
Last Week:  Sort through papers that need to be filed.  I did do this.  I have them separated into their different categories like medical/utilities/car/mortgage/banking.  Now I just need to separate them into thier more specific files.
This Week:  I really need to re-evaluate our budget.  Things are still changing with us and I really haven't say down and looked at it since I came back to work part time.  So I am going to make this a two week goal.  I know I won't get it done completely this week but I would like to get a start at it.  Maybe my goal this week is to list out our fixed expenses.

Just For Me:  
Last Week:  Drink some wine a night or two.  Well I didn't drink wine but I did have some delicious Bud Light Lime over the weekend.  However, that wasn't the intent of the goal.  It was more for at home so I would just spend some time relaxing in the evenings after Elsie goes to bed.  So that didn't happen.
This Week:  I know I will be once again having some drinks over the weekend so this week I want to focus on crawling into bed around 10:00 pm.  I have been going to be later and later each night...last night it was after midnight and when Elsie gets up by 5:30 it just isn't enough sleep for me.

On the Move:
Last Week:  Do my yoga DVD.  Well I finally did it last night.
This Week:  Jog, even if it is just once I have to start somewhere.  Earlier this summer I started jogging.  I kept setting little goals each time I would go out.  Then we went to Idaho, then it got so hot and now it has been almost two months since the last time I went out.  This week I am starting over :)


Family: 
Last Week:  Complete first three months of Elsie's First Year Photo Book.  As I started to work on this I realized how disorganized my photos were and how they were just grouped based on import date and I found it next to impossible to find what I wanted so I spent A LOT of time organizing those files.  Now I just have to keep up with it when I import them.
This Week:  I would like to keep working on the photo book.  Maybe get months 4 and 5 done.

Random:  
Last Week:  I didn't set a goal since we were so busy.
This Week:  I would like to get our bedroom back to being "ours".  Really get it clean, take down Elsie's pack and play and move the bed back to where it was.  This I might need to recruit John to help.

Overall I think we had a pretty busy week last week.  We had a birthday party, went swimming, and was gone Friday morning until Sunday evening.  It also takes me a lot longer to pack with Elsie and making sure I have everything we need for her.  This next week will be just as busy but should slow down for a couple weeks after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment