So our daily routine has changed since the last time I posted which Elsie was just 3 months old! Crazy. . . So this is what our life is like now. . .
Days I Work:
The alarm goes off by 6am. John gets up and starts showering and getting ready, I pump for 15 minutes while eating breakfast. Sometime between 6:15 and 6: 45 Elsie wakes up. During that time I am getting ready. If she wakes up before I finish I will give her a bottle (6-8 oz), change her and get her dressed for the day. Most of the time, John has left already so I am on my own. If I still need to finish getting ready Elsie now plays on the floor of our bedroom since the bed is no longer an option. Also I am getting ready in our bedroom since our upstairs bathroom is out of commission since it is being remodeled. Then we head downstairs where I pack my lunch and get everything ready to leave. It is a good day if we are out the door by 7:30.
I drop her off at daycare and I head to work. I no longer pump during the day since I am down to two times a day. Then I pick her up by 4:30. We typically will just come home and depending on what we have planned for the rest of the night I will feed her supper right away if we are going somewhere or will play until about 5:00-5:15 and then feed her supper. We play some more and then around 6:30 we start her bedtime routine. It includes going up to her room, changing her into her pajamas, reading, singing and praying. Then I give her her last bottle of the day and lay her down around 7:00. If it is bath night we will do it before heading up to her bedroom. She has been getting her baths in the kitchen sink since our bathtub is not in working order yet.
After she goes to bed we fix/eat supper and then we split up the D's: Diapers and Dishes. One of us will take care of spraying out the dirty diapers from the day and one of us will wash the bottles and pump parts and put away dinner dishes. Normally the diaper person gets done first and then helps the dish person :). AFter that I might try and tidy up the house, vacuum, laundry, they typical house chores. My goal is by 9:00 be doing something I want to be doing such as working on the blog, uploading pictures, reading, watching a recorded episode of Big Brother or the Bachelor Pad or the Twins. We normally have the game on throughout the evening though. I pump one more time before bed and then it all starts again the next day.
Days I Stay Home:
These days it is a little harder to have a set routine but they days are looking more and more similar. John gets up and leaves early before 7:00. I will typically get Elsie, feed her a bottle, pump, and then we fall back to sleep for another hour cuddled up on my bed. Then we get up around 8:00 and between 8-9:00 I will give her breakfast, normally rice cereal and fruit. I used to do it after her morning nap but am now doing it before. We will play a little and then I shower while she is in her excersaucer outside the bathroom door. We will then get ready for her morning nap with reading some more stories, another bottle and some quiet rocking time. She sleeps anywhere from 45 minutes to and 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then she gets up and we have been trying to get over to the library for baby storytime around 11:00 on Wed. Around 12: 30 we start her afternoon nap routine which includes a bottle, books, and songs. She is typically down and asleep by 1:00. I really try for an hour nap at least. Some days it is 2 hours and other days not so much. When she does wake up we typically run any errands we have to. Our evening routine is the exact same as days I work.
LOVE this post Tanya!! So fun to have a little sneak peek into your daily routine(s)!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Looks like you have it all under good control, Tanya :) Miss you!!
ReplyDelete