This past weekend Elsie and I went to Center Grove Orchard twice-once Friday afternoon after work with Amber and the kiddos and once on Sunday with Bev, Brandi and the girls. This year we decided to buy a season pass. Elsie still gets in free so to make the pass worth it we had to go twice-which we took care of this weekend so all our other trips will be like free :). Both times this weekend there was hardly anyone there! It was perfect! The weather wasn't so perfect on Sunday but we still had a great time.
Both Olivia and Emma just love Elsie but Olivia does such a great job showing Elsie around, taking her hand, and helping her out. It was so sweet. This will be very evident as you look at all these pics.
The first stop was the little tractors-we actually hit this area up twice-once at the beginning and once right before we left.
Elsie is still just a little too small for this as she can't really pedal but boy did she try.
The we moved on to the animals-which she just loves!!! It is so cute too, every time we walk away she waves and says bye-bye to the animals.
After the animals, we headed to the corn pool. This year I didn't have to worry too much about Elsie trying to put the corn in her mouth. She loved jumping off the side into the corn...well actually into my arms.
There was constant reminders not to throw the corn...
Duck Races
Jumping Pillow...I just can't seem to get Elsie to go on this. We start but not soon after she is saying all done. One of these days...
The big girls had fun though.
Well if Elsie couldn't do the little tractors, she definitely was big enough to do these but it didn't stop her from trying. So I pushed her around the whole track and she would get so mad if I steered-which meant we were constantly running into the side.
We also tried to send Elsie on the little train. It started off okay. . .
But it wasn't long before she wanted off. Not sure if you can tell from this blurry picture but she was not happy at all. I had to run and get her off.
She was much happier sitting on the sidelines with her drink, watching her cousins.
After the train ride we got on the hay ride out to the apple orchard.
Elsie is obsessed with apples so I knew she would enjoy this. And the apples were just the perfect size for her! We picked mostly Galas for eating and Macintosh to do some baking.
Olivia did a great job of sharing her apple with her little cousin.
After picking some apples we headed back to the little tractors one more time. Elsie let me push her around a little bit but I think had more fun chasing after the older girls.
Trying so hard...
Just a couple comparison pictures . . .
Last Year-2012
This year: 2013
Last Year
This Year
That place looks so cool, Tanya! Elsie is getting so big. I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh fun!! This looks identical to 101, without the delicious apple picking! Loved all the pictures and how cute Elsie is trying to keep up with her cousins. Adorable!
ReplyDelete