Of course, having our home on the market and having showings just about every Satruday, our Friday nights tend to be filled with house cleaning and this Friday night was no different. Which is okay because then our home is clean and enjoyable throughout the weekend.
Saturday morning was just a beautiful morning. All week I had been looking forward to heading out to the Berry Patch. I have been there a couple of time. Once back in 2011 when I was pregnant and once back in June when we picked strawberries. It isn't a fancy place but they have the best fruit! I really wanted some honeycrisp apples and at $2.25 a pound I just couldn't pass them up. So Elsie and headed out to go and pick some. We went early to avoid the crowds. Plus we had a house showing so we had to get out of the house anyways.
Elsie loved to pick the apples. I think if I let her she would have picked all day. Another great thing about the Honeycrisp apples is that the trees were low to the group-perfect height for Elsie. Ohh these apples were so good and smells so delicious
Elsie had her own little bag that she filled up and wouldn't let go of until we got home. She also thought it was a good idea to eat an apple on the way home. We were driving and all of a sudden I hear a "crunch" and sure enough she is biting into one of her apples. We ended up walking away with 10.5 pounds of apples. I am looking forward to making some yummy muffins.
After we got home we had lunch and Elsie just "had" to wear my sunglasses.
After lunch it was time for nap. Which meant I had a bit of time to get some stuff done-mainly finish cleaning our screens. There was bit of discussion with our neighbor Kari over the best way to clean screens so I tried two different ways-one with Dawn dish soap and the other way was hot water and vinegar. I have to say both did a pretty good job of getting our filthy screens cleaned. Since I had the hot water and vinegar out I decided to clean a small area on our siding that was starting to get a bit mildewy since it is on the north side. Well, one thing let to another and the whole addition of our house got clean. It took us awhile (John ended up helping when he got home from work)
And of course had to sit up at the counter for snack-she loves sitting here-it makes me nervous though. After her nap she helped me make some apple crisp for dessert after dinner. She is really into helping me :) "I Do It" is one of her new favorite phrases these days. So she had to help me stir and "measure"
Also this weekend we had an open house which was scheduled for Sunday so we tidied up/clean again on Saturday night and I hit the hay early because I had a run the next morning.
On Sunday morning I ran in the Flapjack 5k/10k in Des Moines. I originally signed up for the 10k but with such a hot end of summer and John being so busy I definitely didn't run enough to feel confident in my abilities to comfortably run a 10k so I switched to a 5k which was perfect. It definitely wasn't my fastest of the year but I am ok with that. Compared to all my other 5ks (Rosy Cheeks, SCAVMA Scamper, Dam to Dam) I "trained" the least for this one, including my one in February. And when I say trained I just mean logged some miles.
It was another beautiful morning! I wasn't sure how to dress and right before the run started I decided to take off my long sleeve and I was so glad I did. Hillary and I ran together the entire time and I am just glad I never had to stop and walk. Going in my goal was to do it under a 10 min/mile pace which I did.
The race was to benefit Children's Cancer Connection. This is just an amazing group! I worked with them quite a bit when I worked out at the camp. They were my biggest group coming out for two full weeks in the summertime and a couple of retreats throughout the year. Also, Peyton (JoLene's daughter) was/is involved with this group and has offered support for her through her journey. In fact, they just named a room after her for teens called "Peyton's Place".
Elsie spend the morning with Bev and they met up with Brandi and the girls at the local Arts Festival. Sounds like she had a good time and I am glad she got out to hang with her cousins again.
Sunday afternoon was our open house. Marc wanted it to be clear to everyone on the street that we were having an open house:) We had two couples come through that afternoon for a total of 13 showings since it went on the market. But that is where it ends. No second showings and no offers. John and I have already begun to talk about our projects for our current house in the event that we stay in it for a few more years. I will try to do a home update soon.
All in all, it was a great weekend. The weather was beautiful we spent time with family and friends and we have lots to be thankful for.
Elsie is looking more like her mama every day! Beautiful, Tan.
ReplyDelete