Wednesday, May 15, 2013

30 Years, 30 Goals April Update


Goals Completed:  3, 4, 22, 27, 
Goals I Didn't Even Think About: 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 29


1. Run 5-5ks
I complete 5k so I have done 2/5.  I did the SCVAMA Scamper on April 21st.  You can check out more about the race on my post SCVAMA Scamper.

7.  Lose at least 15 pounds
Just hanging in at 10 pounds lost...I think I gained a pound or two back from vacation but it is gone again.  

10.  Plan and Carry Out a date night with John once a month
John and I went out at the beginning of the month (it seems so long ago).  Our original plan was to go to a movie but we ended up going out to dinner at the Cafe because there wasn't a single movie I wanted to see.  It was a really nice night :).


15.  Be up to date on photo books
I finally finished Elsie's First Year photo book.  I am so pleased with how it turned out!  Now moving on the next one...Our Family Book-2012.  

16.  Read 4 non-fiction books
Completed Books:  3/4
1.  168 Hours:  You have more time than you think-finished 12/12
2.  Healthy Tipping Point-finished 3/13.
3.  How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk - 4/12

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will TalkI read this book this month and I thought it was pretty good.  I started to apply some of the things I read with Elsie.  I would recommend this book to anyone with kids :).
  







17.  Have an Elsie outing once a month
We are doing so much with Elsie, especially since it has been nice.  This month I would say our big highlight was going to the VEISHEA Parade and the petting zoo.  Blog about VEISHEA

18.  Take the camper out 5 times this summer
This month we actually put our camper for sale on Craigslist.  John really wants to upgrade to a fifth wheel.  I am impartial.  If we sell it fine, if not I am okay with that too. We also went to check out a camper at the dealer. 

20.  Attend Church at least one a month (or 12 times throughout the year).
4/12 times
We attended church in Minnesota for Piper's baptism.  
  
25.  Find a cause I want to support and start a volunteer relationship.
I attended my first Trails Advisory Committee meeting this month and am looking forward to the next month.  

28.  Make 5:30 my standard wake up time and 10:00 my standard bedtime.
This is a struggle.  If Elsie sleeps past 5:30 I gladly sleep in as long as she will let me these days.  Maybe if she gets into a routine of sleeping until 6:30 or so 5:30 for me wouldn't be so bad.  Also I can not get to bed by 10:00.  It seems like lately I am heading up to bed between 10-10:30 but don't shut off the light until closet to 11:00.  

30.  Twice a month call a family member or friend to chat.
Complete :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love this Tan. It really makes me really think about things I want to start working on.

    That book sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete