Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week in Review - 5.10.13

OUR WEEKEND:
After going back and forth whether we were going to travel up to Minnesota for a good friends 30th birthday brunch we did decided to stay home and go up for Mother's Day.  Such a tough decision though.  So at the last minute our weekend changed but ended up being really enjoyable.  Friday night we hung out at home and took it easy.  Saturday we woke up, went to the Cub Scout breakfast at the local church (so delicious),  This is our third year in a row going and I would have to saw it is the best community breakfast that we have gone to.  Also that morning Dierks Bentley tickets went on sale for the state fair and John and I were planning to get tickets for our anniversary.  I was hoping for good seats but never would have imagined that we would get front row center in the grandstand!  They are PERFECT.  I was so excited.  For a minute I thought it was too good to be true ha!  Then Elsie and I went to a First Birthday party for little miss Greta.  She was so adorable.  Unfortunately I did not get any photos from the party :(.  We got her the same matching chair that Elsie and Aubrey have so now all three girls will have the same little butterfly camp chair.

Later that evening some friends of mine were training for a 20k race so they had a 11 mile run planned.  They were going to start in our town and head out to a neighboring town's local bar for 11 total miles.  I was planning on going, cheering them along the way and then enjoying a beer with them when they were done.  Well the weather didn't cooperate so instead of running to the next town, they ran some loops through our town and ended up at the restaurant here.  I decided I should run to meet them so I headed out to the bar on my feet to meet them.  I only ended up running a total of two miles but by the time I left my block it had started to really rain.  Thankfully, I work my hat and rain jacket which kept me pretty dry.  The rain actually didn't really bother me while I was running, just when I was done.  A big huge way to go for the group that ran 11 miles in the rain, so impressive!  So we enjoyed some food and beer.


A view from my route to the bar...pavement soaked
and you can still see a few patches of snow from out
May snowstorm.  
The 11-milers and me (not sure why I am in this pic ha!)
They were smart and packed dry, clean clothes to change into.
Saturday Elsie had a rough night and was up quite a bit so John let me sleep in just a bit and then we headed out to run some errands to Theisen's and Target.  
At Theisen's.  Elsie loved this little go-cart and was
pretty upset to learn we were not going to get it
and she had to get out of it.  
At Target we wanted to get Elsie a treat so
she got to enjoy her first cake pop from Target.
She was pretty excited.  
After our errands we came home, put Elsie down for her afternoon nap and then when she woke up we headed out to the Spring Festival at the local county park.  You can read more about it here.     It was a great time and Elsie really enjoyed it!   
Olivia and Elsie enjoying the naturalist program.

After the park we went out to dinner and then headed home to get Elsie to bed and to relax a little before the start of the week.       
                              



OUR WEEK: 
Our week went pretty fast.  I worked four out of five days this week to make up for a missed day the week before.  The weather was finally getting better but we did get dumped on with rain late in the week with over two inches of rain.  We did get some outdoor time in though.  


1.  Elsie is so fascinated with the squirrels in the our front yard.  Although they are a nuisance to us, Elsie loves watching them play.
Elsie and Daddy checking out the squirrels.

2.  When at Target on Sunday we decided to get Elsie some play-doh tools.  Well we got them out on Wednesday and she played with them for at least 45 minutes.  She loves it!

3.  Also at Target, we picked up a booster seat for our dining room chairs for Elsie to sit in instead of a high chair.  We took it out after she went to bed and got it on the chair and the next morning she noticed it right away and wanted to sit in it.  We made her wait for dinner but now that is where she sits at lunch and dinner time.
Elsie in her big girl chair :)

4.  Elsie has had a really rough week in regards to sleep.  Two nights she was up for two hours each night in the middle of the night.  The next two nights she slept through the night without a peep (and one night without her paci at all, we never even gave it to her), towards the end of the week she was up again.  Ugh...hope this phase is a short one! 

5.  Happy 30th Birthday to my dear friend Erin!  She turned 30 on May 5th! Erin and I have been friends since like 5th or 6th grade when we were on the same softball team.  I feel so blessed to have her as a friend!






1 comment:

  1. Elsie looks so happy about that cake pop!! Looks like some great weeks you had. So happy to have seen you this past wknd. love you

    ReplyDelete