1. The Weekend: The weekend was pretty laid back. Elsie and I did a little shopping on Saturday morning and Amber and Aubrey joined us for a while. Then we picked up lunch and had a little tailgate lunch out at the farm. John had to haul cow manure pretty much all weekend so it was nice to be able to enjoy lunch with him. It was also the first time we took Elsie out to see the cows. She loved it out there! She also got to see the little baby kittens. On Sunday we went for a walk with Hillary and Owen and ran into Kara and Orson. Then John, Elsie and I did a little more shopping in the afternoon and all went out to dinner at Red Lobster. Yum! I ended the weekend with a nice relaxing run.
2. Elsie and Cinder: Elsie and Cinder have such a great relationship and I love it! It is so fun to see how much Elsie loves Cinder and Cinder just loves all the attention that Elsie gives her. Her latest thing is that Elsie loves to feed Cinder one little piece of food at a time.
3. Brushing Teeth: Elsie is obsessed with "brushing" her teeth. Whenever we do it, she needs to do it.
4. Monday: Monday morning we got a text from JoLene that Peyton was sick so she wasn't going to be able to work so I had a surprise stay home day with Elsie. It was such a great day!! Elsie is doing all these new things and I just love being able to see her do it. For example, that morning she got out her wipes and starting wiping her baby's bottom. Then a few minutes later she was taking these little blocks that were different shapes and putting them in the correct shaped hole. She had done this a few times before but nothing quite as deliberate as that was. And she was so proud of herself. She would put one in and then clap like she knew she had done something special. Later in the morning we headed to the library for storytime but when we got there I found out it was cancelled for the day. Bummer, but Elsie got to play around for a little while.
She loves playing with the duplos at the library. While we were playing I had another proud moment when another mom told me what a good job Elsie does minding me and following my directions, especially for a 16 month old. My response was "well its a good day today" :) But in reality, Elsie does do a good job of listening to us.
She also likes looking at the fish at the library too.
We ended up walking to the park after Elsie woke up from her nap. She really wanted to go down the big slide so her and I went down together. When we got home I tried to sweep up some debris from our maple tree, well when I went to go get the dustpan Elsie decided that it was all better spread out than in one little pile.
That night, I met my friend Amy at Fuji and it was 2-1 nights. Well we thought we would get mojitos and with the special we would each get one...well in reality, we each got two drinks for the price of one. We were a little surprised when all four drinks came out :)
5. Elsie's Favorite Spot in the House
7. Elsie's Baby/Photo Book: Finally, after many, many hours I complete Elsie's photo book and it arrived! I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out! Now onto the next book...









Love the baby book Tanya! That will be a treasure for many years to come:)
ReplyDeleteLove your week in reviews Tan! And LOVE your milestone books. What site did you do it on? Such a great idea.
ReplyDelete