Today was another beautiful day! The sun was shining just like it had been all week. Tony and my Dad went fishing in the morning and got back early afternoon. As we were trying to decided what to do the rest of the day we decided it was a perfect day for a picnic. So we loaded up the vehicles with a charcoal grill, ribs ready to grill, potatoes in foil, fruit and beverages and headed off towards Anderson Ranch Dam which is just a bit north of Mountain Home on Highway 20. The road to the Dam wasn't so bad. It was paved for the most part but once you turn off Highway 20 it turns to a gravel road. This picture below was taken at a turnout. Beautiful views overlooking the Dam and reservoir.
If you look just to the left of the resevoir you can see the road just on the side of the mountain as it winds along the river. Let's just say there wasn't much of it. :)
As we continued down the road, we crossed over the dam and then the road became a bit interesting. It was single lane with a little bit wider around the curves and was gravel. I was actually amazed at the number of vehicles we met as we drove along. I believe we were trying to find a picnic area to stop at. The roads were very curvy and the edge dropped straight down to the river/reservoir. I am not going to lie, it made me a little nervous. After about 30 minutes in we decided that there was not good place to stop since up until that point, all of the boat ramp/picnic areas were too crowded. Tony suggested we keep going to the next stop up but I think my mom, Tami, and I had enough (all three of us get pretty carsick too). So we turned around and made our way back to Mountain Home.
Once again, more stops along the Oregon Trail.
When we got back to Mountain Home we decided to grill the ribs back at my brothers. We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful evening. Oh we also enjoyed the delicious ribs and the yummy homemade BBQ sauce my brother made.
Tony and Magda have a swing in the backyard so I decided Elsie and I need to spend some time on it and she loved it, as you can ssee in her facial expression!
No comments:
Post a Comment