Well our Sunday did not go as planned. All last week John felt a little off. Sunday he felt a lot of pain in his abdomen so we made the decision to head to the hospital to get things checked out. During the drive over I had lots of thoughts going through my head, none of which was that this would be a short trip. We dropped Elsie off at Dale and Bev's around 3:00 PM with the whole container of formula, 6 diapers, and pajamas.
John wasn't there for more than 30 minutes before he was diagnosed with apendicitis. Surgery happened in less than 2 hours and within 4 hours he was already out of recovery and in his room. Big huge bummer. Oh and during surgery they discovered it had ruptured so he has to deal with a drain tube for the next week. Elsie went with me on Monday night for a visit. She really missed her daddy while he was gone I could tell ;). He came home yesterday morning and seems to be doing better today.
So things in our household are not normal. John can't do much and won't be back to work for a couple of weeks. And if you know John you know this is really hard for him. This surgery also shows how much I rely on his help and how much he does around the house. I am lost without his help! I just love this man and so happy that everything turned out okay he is on the road to recovery.
How scary!! Thank goodness you guys went in when you did! I'm so glad he's feeling better and on the road to recovery!
ReplyDeleteElsie is getting so big..cute picture of her visiting her Daddy!
So scary!! Glad he is okay and on the road to recovery!! He has to be so antsy without active he is.
ReplyDeleteElsie looks soo adorable next to her daddy!! She is so dang cute and seeing her with John just melts my heart!
Wow, Tanya! I am SO sorry to hear about this! Hope to see you soon:)
ReplyDeleteGet well soon, John! Sending our love to your whole family. :)
ReplyDelete