Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Elsie's 4 Month Dr. Visit

Last Friday April 13th,  Elsie had her 4 month well baby check up.  Here are her stats:

Weight:  13 lbs 5 oz (46%)
Length:  25 inches (80%)
Head:  41.4 cm

For weight she is continuing to be right around that 50% mark and wasn't concerned at all and of course she grew in length quite a bit from the last time (she was in the 44 percentile at her 2 month).

Elsie checked out great on everything else and he says she is a health little girl.  We should be starting on solids between 5 and 6 months he said so another month of bottles only which I am good with that.

Of course I had some questions for him.
Q.  Elsie kind of has a nasaly sound when she sleep sometimes.  Almost like she is snoring.  Is that normal?
A.  We should make sure to suck out her nose every night even if it doesn't look like there is anything in there.  We can elevate her head of her bed and keep the air humid.  He lungs were clear so he wasn't too concerned.

Q.  Does Elsie have cradle cap?
A.  Yes, but very mild.  Just put baby oil on her head for 30 minutes and wash off.

Q.  She has started to spit up about once a day and I think it is quite a bit.  Is something wrong?
A.  No, her weight is right on track.  If her weight wasn't good we would need to be concerned but she is fine.

Q.  With summer coming what is safe to use for sunscreen and bug spray?  I found some bug spray (CJ's Bug Banisher) online with all natural ingredients such as citronella, witchazel and tea tree oil, is that safe to use.
A.  Yes, citronella is very good.  Nothing with DEET in it.  And for sunscreen it has to be 30 SPF or less.

She also got her vaccinations which so far have not given her any problems.  She also can now get up to 101 degrees for a temperature before we need to call and bring her in.  Yay!

I think those are most of the questions I remember anyways.  She is doing so good! And she is so happy!  She is sleeping between 8-10 hours stretches at night which is awesome!  I will share more for her four month update.

1 comment:

  1. What a great visit!! She is growing so fast. Good questions to ask!! I forget all the new born stuff! She is absolutely adorable.

    Can't wait to hold her this wknd!

    ReplyDelete