Friday, February 11, 2011

Week Four-LHI

Well week three did not go as well as planned.  In the middle of the week (Tuesday night) I came down with the flu.  So that threw off most of my goals for the week.  I made it until Wednesday morning without drinking pop but broke down when I was craving a sprite when I was sick. 

As I was on the treadmill last night I starting thinking about goals and whether I should set my treadmill goals based on time or distance.  Is it better to go a certain distance in as best of time as you can or should you set a specific time and go as far a distance as you can in that set time?
For example:  should I aim to go for 4 miles a day and it doesn't matter how long it takes me.  It could take 60 minutes if I walked the whole time or maybe it takes me 45 minutes if I run/walk or maybe 35 minutes if I run the whole time.  So do you set goals based on distance or time exercised? 

Also, does anyone have a good reccomendation of something to drink beisdes water or pop?  This past week I have been drinking a lot of green teas which then late in the week I realized that green tea has caffeine-which I didn't want to drink in the afternoon. I know with green tea it is not as much caffeine as coffee but. . . 

Week Four Goals:
I have been struggling a bit with getting home to get my exercise in before dinner so...
Goal 1:  Wake up at 6:00 twice this week to get in a workout before work.  This one will really be a challenge

Goal 2:  Eat more vegetables!  At least 3 servings a day

Goal 3: Bump up my running-after my whole back pain thing I cut back on my run time.  I would like to work back up to at least 20 minutes of running in addition to my walking 3 times this week. 

Hope everyone has a happy healthy week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up Tan!! I love your posts they keep me going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the suggestions! I am going to the grocery store so I will get a little of everything to try :)

    ReplyDelete