Friday, February 18, 2011

Week Five-LHI

So, I think I am going to take a new approach to my goal setting.  This past week I failed in all three of my goals. 

Goal 1:  Waking up early-did not happend.  Well I have been getting up earlier but I did not exercise. 

Goal 2:  Eat More Veggies-I ate more veggies but not 3 servings a day.  Mostly just at dinner and a couple of days I ate salad for lunch. 

Goal 3:  Run 3 times for 20 minutes in additioan to my walking-  I did this twice and it felt good but I only did it on the treadmill.  Because the weather was so nice I did a lot of outside walking so I didn't run when I walked outside.

I decided maybe I need to approach this in a different way.  This week I am going to focus on days of exercise vs. what I am going to do, or how fast, or how long.  I realized I like to decide that day how I feel and what I want to do.  Yoga vs. weights, walk vs. run.  I do know when I am on the treadmill I need to run to mix it up, otherwise I get bored. 

Goal #1:  Get in at least 45 minutes of intentional exercise 6 out of 7 days this next week. 

That's it, just one goal to focus on to help me get into a routine. 

Have a happy healthy week!

1 comment:

  1. yes, sometimes if you have such a set schedule you fail.. I think it is a good idea to go with what you feel when you wake up. No pressure than. If it's a long walk, or running, or weights, just to do something is good!

    ReplyDelete