Not too much exciting here in our household...it was a nice and quiet week. I recapped our weekend already in a previous post and beside the big snow last night it was a quiet week. Here are a few things that happened.
1. Elsie had a follow up appointment for her ear infection. She still had fluid and one was just a little irritated but since she has no fever, is in a happy mood, and has a good appetite we are just going to keep on keeping on. No more antibiotics for now which I am okay with. She goes back in a month for her 15 month appointment so he will check them again.
2. Elsie hates her doctor. Or maybe just going to the doctor. She just screamed when he was listening to her lungs and it was even over her shirt so it wasn't even the cold she was upset with. I wish there was something I could do to make the visits easier.
3. I started the 30 day shred this week. Let me tell you I am so sore!!!! Guess that means something is happening right? I started Wednesday and have done it three days now. I am keeping a log that I plan to post when it is all said and done. I know I won't proabably do all 30 days straight, in fact I know I won't because we will be gone on vacation before then. But every day makes a difference.
4. Dierks And Miranda Concert was awesome! More on that to come.
5. This week I made a delicious batch of ham balls and was so excited for Elsie to get her first taste of all the yumminess. Before moving to Iowa I had never had ham balls. I tasted them for the first time when I was a nanny for a family here shortly after John and I got married. They are soooo delicious! It was very disappointing for John and I when Elsie would not touch them. She put it in her mouth and would spit it right out! We could hardly believe it! Too bad...guess that just means more for John and me when I make them.
6. The meteorologists predicted a wallop of a snowstorm and that we would get 6-9 inches and it would come down at a rate of 1-2 inches an hour. They had been talking this storm up all week long It had me worried that I was going to miss the concert in Ames and we postponed our trip to Omaha until Saturday. Well we only got about 4-5 inches of snow and it came in later than planned so I made it to the concert. We also changed our reservations at the hotel back to Fri-Sun. Omaha here we come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment