Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012-At Home


Wow this past month has been quite a whirlwind! We have been so busy with Elsie's Birthday party and all of our Christmas celebrations but we have thoroughly enjoyed it all.  We have been able to spend so much time with family, enjoying each other, catching up, playing games, and watching the joy in the children and I would never trade that for anything...even for a few quiet days.  Of course I am a bit behind on the Christmas posts as it is already 2013 but. . .  here we go!

Christmas at Home
We celebrated the first of our Christmas celebrations the Friday before Christmas.  It was just John, Elsie, and myself.  We were leaving the next day for 5 days so I made sure to be packed and have the house clean so I could just enjoy the night.  We ordered pizza for dinner ( I didn't want to have to clean) and we opened our gifts.  Elsie wasn't too interested and I this year I wasn't certain she would even get into it so I didn't have too many exciting gifts picked out for her.  From us she received:  "God Gave Us Christmas" Book, a couple of Melissa and Doug Chunky puzzles, a new winter jacket, hat, and mittens, and a little chair to match her daddy's. John received a photo mug filled with Elsie's photos, a couple of new sweaters, a belt, a boot dryer and some new insulated Muck Boots for cattle work.  John got me a new set of diamond earrings and a North Face jacket.  I was spoiled :)

Elsie did enjoy her gifts for a little while and then went to bed.  After she went to bed, John and I enjoyed a glass of wine and then he fell asleep out on the couch (he had been working pushing snow the past few nights so he was pretty tired) and I watched my FAVORITE Christmas movie ever "White Christmas".  It was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment