My parents arrived late Friday night (it took them longer than normal due to traffic and slick roads) and they had to park at the end of our street because our half of the street was closed due to road work. We visited a little bit and then all hit the hay. After all, we had a big birthday to prepare for the next day.
Saturday morning we got up and headed up to Breakfast with Santa. Lets just say Elsie was not a fan of Santa.
The rest of the day was spent getting ready for the party. Since it was at the local church I had to make sure I packed up everything we would need for the party (of course we were running home for some forgotten items right before).
My dad frosted Elsie's smash cake-The Frosting Guru
The party went great (more to come about that on a separate post). It was fun to see family and friends and help celebrate Elsie's big milestone! Wow! I still can't believe she will be one on Friday!!
All in all a great weekend. I did become dissapointed a little when I found out someone lied to me over something that didn't need to be lied about. I am not sure why people do that or feel like they need to do that-it just boggles my mind. Just be honest! Especially about little things.
Now that Elsie's party is over it now time to focus on Christmas! Our house is all decorated, our Christmas cards are out and we have definitely been in the Christmas spirit but I need to buy the last few presents and get them all wrapped. This week I am also going out to dinner with a friend who will be moving to Kentucky at the end of the month. She is the wife of one of my co-workers from camp. It is kind of funny because while working at camp we never really hung out even though we both lived on site. Now since I quit two years ago (yes it has already been two years since leaving camp!!!!) we get together pretty regularly along with another co-worker. I will miss her so much!! We also have Elsie's One Year photos on Wednesday. We are trying a new photographer so we will see how that goes! I am excited!
I am a bit behind on my blogging so expect the next few to be ones from the late November :)
No comments:
Post a Comment