Monday, July 18, 2011

The Envelope Has Been Opened

So we took our sealed envelope with us to Lanesboro, MN this past weekend when we went camping with some friends.  Lanesboro is a special place for John and I.  It is where we spent a lot of time while we were dating (since I lived there), where John proposed, and where we we got married.  It is only fitting to add one more special moment to the list right?  So on Saturday afternoon we went for a bike ride on the Root River Bike Trail and made our way to the spot where John proposed.  It was on that same picnic table we decided to open the envelope.  Prior to opening, we both were convinced we were having a boy.  Well, we were wrong!

We are having a little girl!  No matter what the picture said we would have been so excited!  I am still trying to wrap my head around pink since I have been thinking blue for the past few weeks but we are so excited to welcome a little girl into this world in 21 weeks!  Before I got pregnant I had always hoped for a girl someday but it didn't make a difference if it was this time around or another. So we are very excited and have now started talking names.  We looked at some lists last night and were throwing some names out there.  What we decide on for a name will however, remain a secret until she is born! :)

So that is the news for the week.  We are now 19 weeks along, almost halfway there!  I am feeling great and definitely feeling and looking pregnant.  No definitive movements felt yet but I am sure that will be here soon.  I actually kind of felt something this morning but not sure that it was for sure the baby. I could do without this heat wave but thank goodness for air conditioning!   Camping wasn't too bad this weekend but the A/C definitely helped in the camper when it was time to go to bed!

4 comments:

  1. YAY Tan!!! We're so excited for you guys!!!!!

    We had so much fun this weekend...thanks for planning it!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see you and John with a little girl...although I totally thought boy too! Her pictures were precious! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tan this made me cry! So happy for you- such a special way to find out. Since I'm a professional geneticist I can tell you she's going to be very smart, sweet, funny and gorgeous. Perfect combinations of her parents. ;) I can't wait to see and meet her. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the little girlie!! Can't wait to hold her for the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete