Monday, July 11, 2011

Mid-Pregnancy Ultrasound

Well we had the big appointment today.  The ultrasound. I started to get nervous this weekend because I had talked with John's cousin who just had her's on Friday and she was telling me everything that they measure and check for.  so of course I was worried that they could find something wrong.

Well everything went great.  They check the brain size, the heart and it's 4 chambers, blood vessels, fingers and toes, nostrils, femur, spine, and on and on.  Everything is measuring right on for 18 weeks which is where I am at today!  So yay!  It's heart beats 140 bpm and weights about 8 oz.  It was really moving around too.  I of course could not feel it yet.  Which she said is normal and that I might feel it later because of how things are positioned.  It was such a relief to hear all is going well.

As for the gender... the results are currently in a sealed envelope.  I doubt we will wait until it is born but today we are celebrating that so far it is healthy from what they can tell with the ultrasound.  I am thinking boy, I think John thinks it is a boy too.  Only time will tell ;)

Everything else with the pregnancy is going great!  I am feeling pretty good-I could do with out this hot humid weather but no big deal.  I have A/C.  I walked a 5k on Sat night and even jogged a little at the end and it felt good! Let's hope that the 2nd half of the pregnancy is as good as the first half :)

4 comments:

  1. A sealed envelope.. how tempting!! :)

    So happy and glad it went great and is healthy. The most important part.

    I think I have changed my vote to boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Tan, so great that everything is going well! Bring the envelope with this weekend and we'll all open it together!! ha ha, kidding. So happy for you two and can't wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh exciting!!!! That would be SO tempting!

    So happy everything is healthy with Baby Sorem and you both are doing well!!!

    Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear about your healthy baby! Did you hear about the new baby shower thing people are doing? They bring the sealed envelope to the bakers and get a cake made with pink or blue frosting on the inside. Then with their whole family there they cut into the cake and find out what they are having. Kind of exciting :) I'm still for waiting until the baby is born :)

    ReplyDelete