Overall, I have felt wonderful. I never really had that "exhausted feeling", nausea has been practically non-existant, and I have felt good enough to get a run in here and there. Really my one and only complaint has been heartburn. It has been around since the very beginning and tums would do the trick. About 1-2 months ago that stopped working so I started taking Zantac once a day, then that stopped helping so we upped it to twice a day, well about a week ago that stopped helping too. I have a call into the doctor and we will see what she says. When I was pregnant with Elsie I had to go a prescription and that made the world of difference. I would like to avoid starting that so soon but it is getting a bit unbearable.
Oh-also if you haven't heard we are having another little girl!! We are so excited and I can't wait to start going through some of Elsie's things from when she was little and get it all ready for this new babe! After the holidays we are going to get started on the baby's room.
My doctor's appointments have been going pretty good. We had two ultrasounds-one at 18.5 weeks and one at 22.5 weeks. The ultrasound at 22.5 weeks was to try to get a better view of the vessels leading to the heart. In our first one, our little babe just wasn't cooperating very well and wouldn't get into a good position so we had to try again. The second time it still wasn't cooperating but finally, she got a good shot of it and said everything looks normal.
My blood pressure has been good so far and baby's heartbeat has been anywhere from 138 into the low 150's. As of my last appointment 3 weeks ago I was up 7 lbs total for the pregnancy.
Like I mentioned before, for the most part I didn't even feel pregnant and if I didn't have a growing belly I wouldn't even think so but starting last week things definitely have changed. I feel like my belly is getting so big, I am getting more tired and out of breath at times, and I can tell that bending over just isn't as easy as it used to be. I am feeling pregnant-which I guess should be expected this far along right? Oh another symptom that I have been experiencing is congestion in my nose in the morning. It clears up within minutes of waking up but I definitely wake up stuffy.
Like with Elsie, I felt this baby move later in the pregnancy. It was probably close to 20 weeks before I thought-that is definitely the baby and it was close to 24 weeks where I felt movement pretty consistently. The other day I actually thought
Me at 25 Weeks. I feel like my belly just got HUGE!
Elsie is really excited about getting a baby sister and she talks about the baby all the time. At Disney she found this cute little baby Minnie Mouse plush that was swaddled in blanket and just insisted we get it for our baby. I hope this love continues ;).

yes!! Your belly has popped! :) I am glad it is going so well besides the nasty heartburn
ReplyDeleteYour belly is soooo cute Tanya!! Oh my goodness. Great to hear you are doing well and hope the heartburn can subside for you.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Love this picture! You look beautiful!
ReplyDelete