Sunday, June 8, 2014

2014 Summer Bucket List

A few weeks ago John and I (and Elsie) were driving home from being away for the weekend and we decided to create a summer bucket list.  These are things that we would like to do this summer.  Some of these things include Elsie-some do not and would be things for just John and I to do together.  And to be honest...some of these things are things that just I would like to do.  It is now June 8th and some of these things are already cross off the list!  What my hope is from this list is really to create a priority list as sometimes summer gets so busy we don't get to the things we really wanted to do.  Also, my hope is that we can refer to this list during our moments of down town to try to make the most of the summer! So here it is...our summer bucket list.

  1. Do a Park Hop 
  2. Visit Ledges State Park
  3. Go Camping over Memorial Day
  4. Go Camping over Labor Day
  5. Visit a Winery
  6. Go to a flea market
  7. Picnic at the Park
  8. Go to a Drive In Movie
  9. Biking/Swimming at Big Creek State Park
  10. Take Elsie Fishing
  11. Rathbun Weekend
  12. Mid-Week Camping at local County Park
  13. Ames Farmers Market
  14. Host a BBQ
  15. See fireworks
  16. Ice Cream walk to Starbucks (not the coffee shop)
  17. Catch Fireflies
  18. Swimming at the local pool
  19. Swimming at the Ames Pool
  20. Explore 4 new county parks
  21. Strawberry Picking at the Berry Patch
  22. Night at Prairie Meadows Racetrack
  23. Trip to Duluth
  24. Zoo Brew for date night
  25. Take Elsie to the splash park
  26. Go Mini-Golfing
  27. Go to a parade
  28. Ice Cream from Picket Fence Creamery
  29. Go to the beach
  30. Adventureland
  31. Iowa State Fair
  32. Trip to St. Louis
  33. Go to an outdoor concert
  34. Visit to YCamp
  35. Go to Elm Creek Park when visiting my parents in MN
  36. MN Zoo
  37. ICubs Baseball game (or a Twins game)
  38. Relax on the front porch with wine

Whew!  Looks like we will be busy :)  

2 comments:

  1. I always have big plans for the summer and then before you know it, it's August and you never went camping! Good idea on the summer bucket list! I'd like to join for some of those events ;) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! We have some of the same ones:) I have mine on a poster in my kitchen so I can see it everyday too. Hope we get to join you for some of these.

    ReplyDelete