Friday, November 22, 2013

Tis the Season!!

I just love this time of year!  I am already in the Christmas spirit and Christmas music has been playing in the car and house all week long.  It is crazy to think that Dec. 1st will be here in just over a week!!! I really don't like how Thanksgiving is so late this year!  Oh well!  It just means I get to start with all the Christmas stuff early.

This weekend I am hoping to really kick it into gear in regards to Christmas.  Our to do list is quite long and I hope to get a few things checked off.  Oh and John's is helping with all this too :)

Here is what it looks like:

  • Hang the outside lights
  • Cut down our Christmas tree and decorate it
  • Get window boxes filled with holiday decor
  • Shop for fabric to update a hand me down table/chair set for Elsie and spray paint the chairs.
  • Get a start on our Advent Calendar tree-this is going to be a doozy-I would like to at least purchase the supplies for this
  • Get at least one calendar done (I make a photo calendar each year for both our parents and all three grandmothers.  
  • Construct Elsie's dollhouse and get it painted.  I will leave the decorating for another day.  
  • Catch up on the blog-I would like to get at least three posts published over the weekend.  
  • Organize the garage so we can put away our outdoor furniture.  
  • John needs to get the rest of the cattle out of the pasture
  • Dinner and Drinks with some camp friends on Sunday evening. 
  • Order our Christmas cards
  • Get a bit more Christmas shopping done (I would say I am 70% complete).  I am getting so excited to wrap them up and get them under the tree! 

We only have dinner plans tonight with John's family so I hope we can get some of this stuff crossed off the list.  Oh and Bev is going to be accompanying me tomorrow morning to the fabric shop so I am excited about that.    I'll let you know how much I get done this weekend and maybe get some photos of our progress.    I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend whatever your plans may be! 

1 comment: