This week was so nice...we have no plans to go away this weekend so I didn't feel like I had to spend a day getting ready to leave and no real errands to run. It was still a busy week but was a lot more relaxed than normal. I had off Wed and Thursday and we could do whatever we wanted-no obligations during the day (I still have obligations in the evenings such as work). So on Wednesday we met Amber and the kids at a cute little park that has a splash pad to play in. With all the pools having issue with bacteria in them and being shut down I am a little leary with taking Elsie to the pool now.
So we met at the park and let the kids play for awhile before the splash pad opened up. Elsie just loves playing with these two kiddos :) I think right now she has a little special connection with Cayden (who is two years older than she is). It was so cute...there was this other little boy "talking" to Elsie and Cayden came up and put his arm around her, almost like he was letting this little boy know she's his haha. That is probably not what he was thinking haha but it was still cute :).
As we were walking over to the splash pad the kids were all holding hands and walking-so cute!!
The water was a little cold at first but Elsie warmed up to it and had a lot of fun. :) I don't have the official pictures of the three kids but I wanted to show a little comparison from last year to this year.
August 2, 2012
August 7th, 2013
After the park we ate a yummy lunch at Panera and headed home for nap.
Yesteday we had absolutely no plans. Elsie has been wanting to go for "rides" in the stroller lately. We hadn't been out for walks in quite awhile because we would use the bike and trailer instead so we went for a walk to the library on Wednesday afternoon and then yesterday we set out to the post office. We were mailing our deposit for a puppy! Yes a puppy! We will be welcoming a new puppy into our family at the end of October. They are due to be born at the very beginning of September and the timing will be perfect for us. Our crazy busy summer life will have slowed down a bit and we won't be traveling so much. We decided after much debate on a Golden Retriever. Oh I am so excited thinking about-I'm sure I will post more on how we came about this decision separately.
Anyways...on our way home from the post office we stopped by the school to play on the playground. We went to the "big kids" equipment and went down the double slide a couple times. Well, when I felt confident she could down by herself I stayed down and she climbed up there and sat down. Then she looked at me and said "Mama-Sit Down!" and hit the top of the slide next to her indicating she wanted me to join her again down the slide-of course I obliged :). I just love how much she is talking and communicating with me. After a few more times she tried to go down on her belly. Because I didn't want her to go down the bigger slides on her belly I told her we would go back to the little slides for that. She kept saying over and over "belly" and we had to work on getting her to still go down feet first vs. head first.
She had so much fun going down over and over again on her belly :)
oh fun! Glad you had a slower week, sometimes those are needed.
ReplyDeleteWhat adorable little kiddos. Slower weeks are so refreshing ;) Cannot wait to meet your unborn puppy in a few months. Golden's are the best!
ReplyDeleteA new puppy!!!!!!!!! OH my goodness that is so exciting!! I bet you can't wait to meet the new pup!! How neat!
ReplyDelete