Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wonderful Weekend

I had such a wonderful weekend this past weekend. Some things didn't go quite as we planned but it was still great!

Friday night I picked up the house, got some things in order, and I think I just relaxed (it was a long time ago, I can't exactly remember haha).  I don't know what it is but I love when my kitchen table and all counters are cleared off, clean, and clutter free.  I struggle with clutter, meaning I hate having it around and have a hard time relaxing if there is stuff on the counters (I just make sure I shut off the lights and leave the rooms so I don't see it :).

Saturday, I headed up to Minnesota for a dear friend Erin's baby shower.  I still hang out (not as much as I would like) with a group of my high school friends.  We are all still pretty close and am so blessed to have them in my life!  We get together at least two times a year Girls Weekend (Fall) and Couples Weekend (Summer).   Well Erin is the last of the six of us to have a baby.  It was wonderful to be able to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Wiegratz. The shower was wonderful and the mother to be was glowing!   I drove up with Amber and we left the hubbies and kiddos behind at home.  I really enjoyed having the 3 hours each way to chat and catch up even though we see each other and talk on the phone often.  The time just flew by!  After the shower we stayed and hung around for a few hours and it was great to talk to our other friends that were there too.  I really enjoyed the day!

The day got even better right before it ended.  I got home around 10:30PM and it was amazing...I have to brag about my hubby here for a minute.  The house was all picked up, all the dishes done, counters cleared, toys put away, and the best part...All the laundry had been washed, dried, and put away!  So I am trying to do laundry just one time a week (except diapers) so I don't feel like I am doing it all the time.  So I was going to do a weeks worth of laundry on Sunday.  As I was climbing into bed I noticed all of the empty laundry baskets sitting by our closet and thought...those must be left from when I put away laundry earlier in the week.  But to my surprise John had done it all.  The most shocking part was that he put the clothes away!  He washes and dries the laundry but very seldom folds it and puts it away.  It was such a nice surprise.

Sunday, we woke up and bummed around a little bit, John went and did cattle chores and Elsie and I played.  After Elsies AM nap we went to town, ran some errands, and had a nice lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.  yum they were delicious.  Around this time it started to snow which we weren't expecting so from about 2:00 PM-8:00 PM John was out plowing snow.  This was the bummer of the weekend because it would have been nice to spend the afternoon together too.  Oh well.  When he got home I got a good workout in and hit the hay early.  All in All a great weekend!

I hope everyone is staying warm during this brutally cold week.  Me?  I am dreaming of a tropical vacation.


1 comment: