Thursday, January 17, 2013

Odds and Ends

I feel like I have been trying to catch up with all my Christmas/December posts that I am lacking on our January day to day stuff that I want to remember and be able to look back on so here is what has been happening with us lately

1.  Elsie had her appointment with the eye doctor to check her eyes due to the difference in pupil size yesterday.  All went well.  He didn't see any problems and said that 15-20% of people have different size pupils.  That it is much like how some people have two different sized hands or feet.  It just happens and that it is unlikely that she will ever grow out of it.  I am happy with that :)  I am sure if I would have googled the condition it would have brought in some scary diseases.  Glad I refrained from doing that this time around.

2.  Elsie is such a good eater.  She is all into feeding herself, even with the spoon.  This was from yesterday at breakfast.  She was having a great time playing with her oatmeal.


 3.  Elsie is really into doing what we are doing and likes to help out.  She has been helping put clothes in the washer and take them out of the dryer, she likes to help pick this up and put them where they belong but what she really likes to do is feed Cinder at night.  She will go with Daddy to fill up the bowl and then carry the bowl all the way through the dining room, kitchen, and into the living room where Cinder is laying and set the bowl down right in front of her.  She is so proud of herself when she does it too.


4.  So at home we typically give Elsie her food and drinks when she is in her high chair.  I want her to associate eating with sitting down and now running all over the place.  Well, when she was sick I had water in a sippy cup and let her drink it when she wasn't in her chair so that she could have it anytime and stay hydrated.  Well, when she would go to get a drink she would go and sit on one of the rugs-either the one in front of the front door or the one in front of the sink.  And then it clicked that is what she does at JoJo's.  She has to sit with her friends on the rug while they are waiting to get milk/water and then can have their drink sitting down on the rug (I think she does this to keep them all contained in one area and keep order.  I was just amazed that she continued this at our house even though I never told her to.  This pic was from yesterday.  Now I have to remind her to sit on the rug :).  Yesterday she thought it was a game though.  Every time I would turn my back away from her she would stand up and try to sneak off the rug and when I would turn back around she would quick go back and sit down.  She is too smart for her own good haha

5.  Oh I forgot to mention that her and I were sick last week with some sort of stomach bug.  She was sick Tues-Friday and I was sick on Thursday.  Thankfully John stayed healthy and did a great job of taking care of us both.  We stayed in most of the weekend to avoid spreading our icky sick germs to anyone else which meant I have to cancel game night that I was hosting at our house and a afternoon of freezer meal cooking with some friends.  Lets just say by Monday I think we were all ready to get out of the house :)

6.  I love morning workouts.  I never used to but by the end of the day I am exhausted and really do not feel like going on the treadmill.  I put it off and make tons of excuses.  Morning workouts I don't have time to make an excuse I just get up and go.  This morning I didn't get out of bed until 6:00 and still made it out the door by 7:15 for work.  Now I don't have to think about when I am going to exercise the rest of the day!

7.  I am semi-enjoying my first smoothie made at home.  I have never been a big smoothie maker.  I felt like our blender was crap and didn't want to take the time in the morning to throw all the ingredients together.  Well I made one this morning after my workout.  I found the recipe on pinterest and I think I would really like it except it has oatmeal in it and I am struggling to get past the taste of that.  I have a new recipe I am going to try tomorrow with spinach from my friend Amy.

8.  I am really looking forward to Saturday.  I am driving up to MN for the day to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my friend Erin's little baby!  She is due at the end of February and I can't wait to see her and her baby bump!  I haven't seen her since November and I am sure she has changed!  I am so excited for her and her hubby and to meet this little baby!  I am also excited to see the other girls and catch up a little bit!  It seems like it has been forever!

Well that just about all that is going on in our lives these days...I am getting a bit of cabin fever and am ready for spring-which stinks because that is a ways away still.  I have already begun to think about where I want to take the camper this year.  Luckily we have some fun things coming up over the next few months to keep us busy :)

2 comments:

  1. Bummer you guy's got sick!

    good job working out! Morning works outs are the best and truly the only time mom's can routinely work out I think! Nights get so busy, especially when they are older.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... I just caught up on your last three post and loved them all...her christmas outfit was so cute and she is growing up way to fast!! Loved all the pictures! Also, Piper looks just like her Daddy!

    Hope you are all feeling better!!

    Oh and yes I am with you on AM workouts...they are the only way to go for me!

    ReplyDelete