Thursday, August 9, 2012

Truly Blessed

That is what I am...so blessed to have such wonderful friends.  I have a wonderful group of friends here where I live.  We all get together quite regularly with book club, pool dates, and walks, etc.  But I am also blessed with the best group of girlfriends a girl could ask for, they are my friends from high school.  We have all been through a lot, went to different colleges in different states, got married and moved to different states (now we are all back to IA and MN) and have remained friends through everything.  I say they are my friends from high school but we go back even further than that, elementary school, junior high, and high school.

Each one of us is unique, we each have different personalities and our own quirks and we accept each other for all of those differences.  I know at any time, I could call them and they would be there for me...and I would be there for them if they needed me.  We all have just wonderful families and the cutest little kiddos too!  Well this past weekend we had our annual summer get together.  This year, we traveled to NW Iowa to Lake Okoboji.  We stayed at the Pioneer Beach Resort (not a place I would recommend) and had a great time! I always look forward to our weekends together since they are so far and few between.  We have two weekends where we get together:  Girls Weekend which takes place in the fall and then a weekend with our families in the summer.  Everyone was able to make it except Erin "Weegy" who was gone for a wedding.

Just the Girls:  July 2012

Hubbies too at the Barefoot Bar

This was from our weekend last summer-2011

I am so thankful for these ladies!  I love you girls and am counting down the days to our Girls Weekend!!!



3 comments:

  1. Well said Tan! So lucky to have our little group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Tanya, that was so sweet and perfectly said!! We are so blessed and so lucky to have each other!! I just love our group of friends so much and I love all our hubbies and kiddos so much too...just a great group of people!!

    What a blast of a weekend minus the terrible "resort", haha!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special post! Girlfriends get you through everything. It is so great that you all make such an effort to get together. Can't wait to see pics in 30 years :)

    ReplyDelete