NAPS
This week we have been working with Elsie on sleeping in her bed for naptime. We have gotten in a terrible habit to let her nap in her swing. Now she either wants to swing for nap or be rocked to sleep and then laid down for her nap after she has fallen asleep. The past few weeks on my days off we have been out and about running errands so those naps have taken place in her carseat. Naptime in general has gotten a little more difficult since it seems like she is always trying to fight it-even if we are rocking or she is in her swing. I started this on Wednesday after struggling with her naps over the weekend. Also up until this point she would just kind of nap whenever she wanted to and by no means were they regular. Sometimes she has little short catnaps and sometimes she would nap for 2+ hours. It just depends on the day. I would like to get her into a little bit more of routine. I feel like by the time she is clearly tired she is overtired and fights falling asleep. So this is what we are working on right now. Naps. Also, I would like to ideally get her to nap in her crib so it isn't such a strange place when we transtition her out of her room but I think I am going to try to get her first to nap consistently in her pack and play. Wednesday she napped for 45 min in the morning in the swing, 45 minutes in the early afternoon in her pack and play, and 45 minutes in my arms on the couch-not rocking. One of the challenges I notice is that unless she is asleep when she lays down she will immediately roll onto her belly and then that really wakes her up and she wants to play.
I want to start to set little goals for this next week:
1. At least one nap a day in her pack and play
2. Set a naptime routine so she knows what to expect.
3. Be home for her afternoon nap.
NIGHTTIME
Elsie's nighttime habits are so different than her naptime habits. She goes to bed so well! I really can't complain at all since she has been sleeping for about 10 hours now since Easter. We start the routine around 8:00 each night unless it is a bath night. It really isn't much of a routine either. We change her diaper into a nighttime diaper (either a bumGenius 4.0 stuffed with microfiber insert and hemp doubler or a Flip cover with and organic cotton Flip insert topped with a microfleece liner), her pajamas (cotton sleepers-our favorite right now are the lighter Gerber ones from Target-pefect for these warmer nights we have been having lately), and then giver her a bottle (about 6 oz). Once she is finished eating she is ready for bed and we lay her down in her pack and play, turn the monitor on and leave and she is pretty much asleep. If she is really tired she might fall asleep before she is done eating but that doesn't happen too often. She sleeps until about 6:00 AM. Most nights at least once she will let out a cry or two and then fall immediately back to sleep. I can hardly get to her pack and play before she has stopped crying so I wouldn't even call it a cry. I will put her pacifier back in if she is still restless otherwise I just let her be. Most mornings she will wake up and immediately roll over onto her tummy. I wake up to her making little "uh uh" noises as she is trying to roll back over to her back (which she has no problem with doing on the floor but she can't do it in her bed).
I really only have one goal for nighttime at this point since she has been doing pretty good:
1. Read some books after we get her changed into her PJs but before she eats.
After we get back from Idaho this summer I will make the transition into her room in her crib. I figure there is no point doing it before than since I want to wait until the 6 month mark and she will have to sleep in her pack and play anyways while we are gone.
Any suggestions for sleeping would be appreciated. I feel pretty good about her nighttime sleep habits but am struggling with her naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment