Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Evelyn Jo-3 Months

Ahh life with two little ones are busy and yes, Evelyn is already 4 months but I have finally put together her 3 Month Post.  As I post this-so much has changed already for her 4 months (she was four months on 8/1).  Everything that I wrote was how things were as of July 1st.  

This girl is growing WAY too fast!!!  

Overall, Evelyn is a very happy baby.  She hardly fusses except when she is hungry, tired, or wants her diaper changed. She smiles and laughs and I just love it.  She is pretty easy going.  She loves to see her sister and the two of them had a conversation one night while I was putting the girls to bed.  It was so fun to listen to.  Elsie would say something to Evie and then Evie would babble back to Elsie. It was really sweet.  


FEEDING:  We are still doing a mix of breastmilk and formula.  It is hard to tell how much she eats because she nurses half the time.  She is starting to drink at least four ounces a feeding when she doesn't nurse first.  It is about two ounces after she nurses which makes me think she is getting about 50/50 breastmilk to formula.  



SLEEPING:  Evelyn has started a little bit more of a sleep routine.  She sleeps pretty well at night waking up one time to feed.  Sometimes she sleeps straight through.  There was one morning on June 11th that she went to sleep at 10:30 and slept until almost 8:00 AM!!  I was up before she was and got some things done!  She is still sleeping in the small pack and play in our room next to my side of the bed.  I love to be able to peek over at her in the middle of the night.  



Evelyn is getting so strong!  She does a really good job of propping herself up on her arms during tummy time and has really good head/neck control for three months old.  She still loves the bouncy seat and the play mat and does not really care for the swing at all.  She spends no time in there because she just cries.  She is starting to get interested in toys and will bat at them and reach out for them.  Still not grasping them yet.  



Another thing Evie does not like is riding in the car.  Oh boy!  She can get so upset.  As long as she is sleeping the ride goes okay but if she is awake she will cry most of the time.  The four hour drive to my parents has been taking 6 hours.  We ended up trading in the Journey for a mini van so that one of us can sit in the back row if necessary.  We also bought a little white noise machine that attaches to her carseat and that has also made a bit of a difference.  



On June 29th, Evelyn started daycare.  I had to go back to work after 12 weeks.  She joined 
Elsie at the daycare center in town.  The week before she was supposed to start I went in to chat with the workers and figure out what we needed to bring the first day.  I was so overwhelmed.  There was 12 babies and only 3 staff.  There were babies that were crying and there was nothing the workers could do because they were taking care of others.  It was super overwhelming for me to see.  Let's just say this was not the first time I was uncomfortable with Evelyn being at the center.  As I write this I can say she is no longer there.  



This month was a busy month for us!  We went up to MN for a wedding and it was the first time that I spent quite a bit of time away from her and the first time I let her ride in someone else's vehicle.  She went back with my parents after a Graduation Open House and we went to the wedding.  We also went to a wedding in North Dakota and Evie had her first visit to a waterpark.  She attended her first birthday party.  Brady turned one and we went to the birthday party out at the farm.   We also celebrated quite a few other birthday this month-John's, Finley's, Grandma Junes, and Uncle Todds.  



For just 2.5 months Evelyn was the youngest grandchild on my side.  But on June 14th that changed when my brother and his wife Magda welcomed their little girl Barbara Jean into the world.  


Evelyn is now all in 3-6 month clothes.  We are completely done with newborn diapers.  We are still loving cloth diapers again this time around.  It is also amazing that we have only used diaper rash cream on her once.  No rashes!!  Which is great!  


All in all this is a great month.  We are still figuring routines but things are getting a little more normal.  She is transitioning from a newborn into a little infant and it is so much fun to see her grow and develop!! 

1 comment:

  1. She's such a pretty, darling looking little 3 month old! I love her perfect little face and those chubby arms! Glad things are going well and you are adjusting to having 2 kiddos. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete